Every Mother's Son

Natalia's P.O.V
.

.

.
The next morning, Haven and I discovered Hayley in the courtyard, she was nibbling on an array of delicious looking food.

"Wow" I comment walking up to the table and popping a grape in my mouth. "Who's idea was this, usually everybody around here fends for themselves." Hayley looks at me then Haven, her eyebrows furrowing for a moment but she shruggs. "This wasn't either of you? You both seem the most likely to do this." she tells us still nibbling.

"I don't know wether I should feel flattered or offended at that." Haven says, her own brows scrunching together.

We heard movement, and look up to see Klaus descending the stairs, "So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Haven asks him with a smirk. He looks at her, his own lips turning upward for a moment "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..." He replies and gestures to the food, his tone is suspicious and un-trusting, even threatening if you will, which is quite stupid considering an array of food can't exactly commit an act of evil, but I'll let him be.

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" Hayley muses.

"Ah" I muse as well. "The thought is nice enough to be Elijah's, but then I'm not positive that he would dare take such advantage of an innocent mind."

"Yes, Natalia, thank you for those very encouraging words." Elijah replied sarcastically while descending the stairs to join us in the courtyard, causing is to turn to him. Once he gets to the bottom he takes a look at the breakfast, his brows knitting, that's gave away his response before he even had to tell us. He didn't know. "But this wasn't my doing..." Ah, see.

Haven frowns "Then, where did this all come from?"

The silver lid on the platter suddenly begins to rattle, which startles Hayley and Elijah to the point where they actually jump a bit. Babies. Klaus didn't jump but certainly looks uneasy along with Haven. My theory that food can't be evil remained, food was good, and I was getting bored so I pushed his arm toward it to which he turned and gave me a scowl that I promptly returned.

"Open it, idiot."

"You really are beginning to get on my nerves." he mumbles before brushing me off, slowly reaching over and lifting the platter. Quite suddenly what appears to be two starlings are released, they fly up toward the ceiling, causing us to duck before we got a beak straight in the eye. I'm positive they all looked quite puzzled and nervous. I wasn't, it did possibly make me think what taking a beak to the eye would actually feel like however.

"What the hell was that?" Haven asked still looking up. Klaus hesitantly reaches for the invitation and opens it. I peered at it from the corner of my eye, slightly tip toeing. It read "Dinner, Your Home, 8PM" and my brow raised.

"An invitation from our mother." Klaus says slowly as he and Elijah share a look of concern.

"Bitchy witchy strikes again."
__________________________________________________________

Third Person P.O.V

Klaus had been staring at the invitation they had received while standing on his balcony overlooking the Quarter. It was a beautiful sight, and the music was spectacular. Natalia and Haven had went off, he hadn't seen Kol, and his traitorous brother Finn had disappeared. But at that moment he couldn't bring himself to care. After another moment he turns and heads back into his bedroom. Hayley is laying flat on Klaus' bed, her eyes simply staring up at the ceiling.