Esther

.

.

.

The next day I was in the kitchen drinking a glass of blood. Usually I would prefer something fresh but considering Esther's rules and how I view her as a mother, I stuck to them. I could hear Nik and Kol in the study which put me at odds. To join or not to join.... at times I can be melodramatic, so I decide to go along and grace them with my presence. I also prepared, I don't want Kol to think just because of what happened yesterday I was now going to be any kind of pawn. In fact I didn't really want to see him at all just in this moment but I was wearing a new purchase, a cropped grey shirt that ended under my boob. I looked too good to pass up the opportunity, sue me.

Boob, such and interesting word.

As I entered the study both of the boys heads snapped up to me, Kol's eyes lingered for a minute and even though he composed himself. Bingo. I went over nonchalantly and sat on Nik's lap, he looked up at me lightly smiling shakes his head and continues his drawing, I assume it clicked that I was going about my antics. This wasn't actually part of my plan I just simply often sat on Nik's lap, no big deal. It was just comfortable. Obviously noticing Kol's annoyed expression though I get the best of both worlds. I open my mouth to say something when Rebekah walks in wearing the dress she wore yesterday, and sex hair.

Hmm

"Well, well, well... there's our girl." Kol starts while me and Nik just watch, she deadpans and rolls her eyes, "Get out of my way, Kol."

Oh but no, he didn't stop talking and she didn't stop getting more and more annoyed, and I was entertained. "Out all night. What a scandal. I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." She replied through her own.

Nil and I just share a glance while trying not to crack up. "Don't start Nik, Natalia!" Rebekah tells us exasperated, and maybe a little pissed.

Making a noise at the back of my throat I look at her, "We didn't say anything!" Even though I was still trying to hide my smile.

Kol jumps right back into the conversation briefly ignoring Rebekah in all her glory, "I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

Nik glances at him "What are you waiting for? Go on. Have at it."

He sighs dramatically, "It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Natalia, Nik. It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart." I roll my eyes but do a silent cheer, I know Nik was probably convinced.

What he said next only proves my point, "Ok. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night."

I spared a glance at Kol, "Yes, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." I state, as I was getting up following both boys out the door.

"Yes, please go. This house has enough men rolling around in it." Rebekah says behind us making me chuckle, I swiftly turn around, deciding it is a good day to be an asshole. "Just like you, Bekah." I say with a smile and hear Kol and Nik cracking up.

Bekah throws her shoes at me which I skillfully miss, "Good ridance, all of you!"

________________________________

We arrived at the grill just in time to walk into a conversation, a very rude one at that I may add.

"You think the killers a vampire?"