Mikaelson Ball

Natalia's P.O.V

The ball is now full on swing. Well as full on as a ball could get, guests talking, eating, socializing.

Ugh humans.

"You look gorgeous tonight." I heard from behind me, I whip around to see Kol looking arrogant as ever, once again with the 'Kol smirk', as I now like to say.

"Thanks." I mutter and try walking away but he quickly catches my wrist making me look at him with a raised brow.

"What do you have against me?" He asks with confusion clearly evident.

I scoff and laugh bitterly "Think, think long and hard Kol, about hmm, a thousand years ago." His eyebrows twist even more if that's possible but suddenly recognition spreads across his face as he stares at me in shock, "That was just that! One thousand years ago!"

"Yes Kol, it was but you treated me like garbage, I already had enough of that going on at home!" I spat. Before he got a chance to reply he looked up to see the whole family lining up and then back at me before groaning and racing up the stairs, I look up just in time to see Elijah clinking a champagne glass.

"Uh, if everyone would gather please. Whenever our mother brings our family together like this it is tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance, tonight's pick is a century old waltz, so if all of you can pick a partner please join us in the ballroom."

I was about to get back to the drinks and mini cocktail bites when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turn to see Elijah, and felt relief since he's probably the only brother who doesn't annoy the crap out of me.

"Would you care to dance?" he asks with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes but fell into the trap "Why of course my good sir." I replied with a slight accent that made him chuckle. Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love came on and I almost started fangirling, almost.

"You know i must admit, you are a delightful dancer." Elijah commented.

"Yes Lijah after a thousand years of dancing you learn to get used to it." He gave me a smile that soon turned sad.

"I had....heard you and Kol's conversation, I'm actually surprised you are holding that against him..." He hesitated before continuing "What had happened to you? To your daughter, over the years....to your family?"

I know he had no idea Adrianna's child was his but they had been close, not in love but he cared for her and that was more than obvious. "Yes well I hold grudges Elijah and I can hold them for a long time, I mean we are vampires if I can dislike him for years to come and it will still never be enough...no to me." I paused "I began traveling as much as I could after I was turned. Europe to Asia to Africa and back, I love seeing the world and I feel like even after a thousand years I have only seen a fraction of it, what is visible to the eye, there's so much more out there....as for my daughter, after I had fled I looked over her, I wanted to take her away, be with her forever, but then I would be selfish, and let's face it I would've made a terrible mother, so I watched her grow, fall in love, get married, have children, and..die" I almost felt a wave of sadness but forced it away.

"But I was happy, she had a good life." I hesitated "My family Lijah....I had never gone back, not once but I had gotten word that my sister actually lived to be the oldest sibling alive before dying on her deathbed, I am not sure what became of her daughter."

I saw emotion flood through his eyes but before he could say anything we had to switch partners and I and my unlucky self ended up with who I wish I didn't. I looked up to see Kol's eyes staring back at mine as we waltz together. After some moments of silence he cleared his throat and spoke "I heard what you said to Elijah, I'm..Sorry."

Yeah ok, I was shocked, that was a shocking one, he had said sorry but I composed myself and scoffed.

"Yes Kol, like you would care." His grip on my waist tightened.

"Never doubt that I do not." he said in a low voice but sounded angry at the same time. "You have no idea what I went through after I fled, I had thought you were dead for centuries and all of a sudden, you come back in here like for the past thousand years you hadn't tried avoiding us, if anything you are the one who does not care!" he spat. I stared at him, mouth wide trying to understand what he meant, as I was going to say something the song ended.

"Forget it." he muttered and swiftly left, leaving me standing there. I was trying to get my mind to forget what he said but I couldn't, he cared? The party started to die down eventually and I heard a commotion going on outside, as I exited I noticed all the Mikaelsons standing outside along with Stefan Salvatore whom I had heard so much about, who I could guess was the latest doppelgänger and the infamous bad boy Damon Salvatore, standing over Kol's body which now had a snapped neck.

"I'll take him inside." I volunteered with a small raise of a hand, with made me look like an eager student causing me to internally roll my eyes at myself, the Mikaelsons looked at me surprised but said nothing even though I received a look from Elijah. After Damon left I picked up his body and flashed us inside where I laid him on his bed. Quickly I flashed to my room took of my dress off and put on red silk shorts and an oversized black t-shirt. I left my makeup on since it was a bitch to remove right now, and kept my hair in the curly up do, promptly flashing to Kol's room where he still had not awoken and quickly took of his shoes along with his blazer. After about twenty minutes I heard a gasp and intake of air along with some coughing and a groan.

"Ugh what happened?" Kol asked, he was taking in his surroundings and I saw surprise in his eyes when they saw me.

"Damon Salvatore snapped your neck." I explained with a shrug.

"I'm going to kill him!" He growled and stood up, about to flash out when I flashed in front of him and put a hand on his chest. "No you're not, not until you explain to me what you meant when we were dancing."

"No." he tried leaving once again but I pushed him onto the bed and straddled his waist, I felt his muscles tense underneath me. "Kol. Tell. Me."

In a second he had flipped us over so now I was on the bed with him on top of me his legs between mine and his hands on each side of my head, trapping me.

"Fine," he growled "you want to know what I meant? I had treated you like garbage because I was upset! You never noticed but I cared for you! My brothers told me what you felt for me, first I didn't see it but the more we talked, you-there was something about you. When you got pregnant because of another man I couldn't stand it so I said the things I did, after I left I thought about you! I thought you were dead, but I managed to forget about it and now you show up back here like for the last one thousand years y-" but he didn't get to continue though.

I kissed him.

He was shocked and tense but eventually kissed back, he put one hand on my face and had flashed us up, my back was now against the wall and my legs around his waist and his hands holding me up by my thighs. His tongue was asking for entrance which I allowed, I didn't care much for dominate at that point, I moaned into the kiss and tangled my hands into his hair. Eventually however we pulled apart and just stared at each other out if breath.

"We just?.." he started.

"Kiss? yeah" I replied still out of breath. After a few moments he had put me down.

"Don't tell anybody about this, Kol." I said with a warning voice.

"Don't worry love, I wouldn't dream of it." I gave him a look but just quickly walked out of there and into my room where I got under the covers and did anything but sleep. I was thinking. Did I have feelings for Kol Mikaelson?

Dude Elijah is going to kill me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like

Comment

Vote

And

Favorite