An Unblinking Death

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Natalia's P.O.V

I was currently lounging on a chair simply examining my surroundings. This morning I was bored so I put on some boots, an outfit that can endure the outdoors, curled my hair, and made my way to the bayou to see what everyone's favorite pregnant little wolf was up to. Turns out she's taking breathing exercises with a woman named Eve for when she enters labor, and I having nothing better to do decided to keep them company until it got boring. Thus leading up to my current state.

"What are you doing here?" muscular but calm voice said from behind me and I craned my neck to see Elijah.

"I was bored so I decided to see what the little wolf was up too, nothing fun but I really have nothing better to do."

He nods "Well I must have a word with the wolves, I shall see you later." Without another glance he walks away promptly leaving me alone and I grab the bag of Doritos I brought with me and begin munching on them.
Around ten to fifteen minutes later I hear a distant rumble and it appeared so had Elijah and Hayley along with those other wolves, Oliver and Jackson. They came out of a barn behind me to come see what the noise was and I stood up following them. What appears to be a racing bike drives into the camp, the rider seemed to be human and if I would have to guess I would say he were in his forties.

He came to a stop and looked at us "Which one of you is in charge?"

"Who's asking?" Jackson questioned

The man looks at us, a devious smirk making it's way to his face. I barley registered anything before Elijah ran towards him vamp speed and an explosion went off. I do however register something burying itself into my abdomen and groan. When I open my eyes again I look around seeing the camp had blown up. I tried getting up but felt a pain and looked down to see a piece of metal something had went straight through my side.

"You've got to be shitting me." I mumbled before sliding the metal out with a string of curses. Hayley had appeared to already be making her way around, and I, being that I didn't want her to get herself killed, decided to help.

"Natalia!" She called as soon as she spotted me.

I looked from her, to the steak in her hand and raised a brow "Going to kill a vampire?"

"Maybe just one." she answered causing my other brow to raise.

"Where are you going Hayley?" I asked with full seriousness and she sighed.

"Look, I think I know who did this. Marcel. Now I'm going to confront him. You could either be just like Elijah and stop me, or you can help me."

Somehow the fact of being as boring as Elijah didn't appeal to me, and Hayley had a hard head so I frowned, but nodded.

__________________________

And that ladies and gentlemen is how I ended up riding in a car with Hayley all the way back to the Quarter and towards the vampires little hangout. Without a word of warning Hayley burst through the door, me right on her heel. The vamps didn't really seem bothered, first mistake.

"You have got some nerve coming up in here mama." Diego said to Hayley casually. Second mistake. She kicked the chair he was sitting on, sending him falling but he got back up with vampire speed and growled at her. Unluckily for him, she pushed him into the pool table and slowly pushed the stake aimed at his heart in.

"Someone attacked my pack this morning in the bayou, and since I don't see any genius mastermind types around here" she pushes the stake in further "why don't you just tell me where Marcel is, and we can both get on with our day."