Moon over Bourbon Street

Natalia's P.O.V

"No"

"Ew"

"Why would they even sell that."

"This looks like a Barney suit."

"Ah fuck it."

I slump down on the red chair that smells so much of leather. Currently I was in the next town over from Mystic Falls in a dress shop. After I said goodbye to the town and it's residence I decided I originally was not to go far so I moved to the next town and have been here for a month. This morning I got word that the Mikaelsons were throwing a party and so I was curious. Klaus still I'm sure wants my head on a stick and me being me, I have to attend. And so here I am dress shopping. I need something beautiful, sexy, and formal since this is my possible funeral.

"You always sucked at that" Whipping around I see the one person I did not expect to see.

"You're alive?"

"And your hopeless." Rebekah smiled, a real smile, this in itself made me curious and so I raised by brows and stood up.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing, but if you must know, I was supposed to die....I was spared by Nik with a deal, I get to go, be free, while they stay there in the city we took from them."

I take in the new information before looking at her "How long do you have to be gone?"

"Forever.....I'll be leaving to Europe maybe tomorrow, I just thought that since I don't know how long ill be there I'd do some State shopping." I smile and wrap my arms around her in a tight embrace which she immediately returns, when we were younger she always wanted so many things which were ripped away from her, now she has a shot at them, at happiness. Maybe it didn't occur in the happiest way but she has the chance at a life she's always wanted.

"You can come with me" she mumbles into my shoulder and I let go of her and smile.

"Bekah these are things you wanted since we were children. You want a home, you want a family, you want someone to love you, and you want to live....truth is I don't know what I want, but I have eternity to figure it out."

She looks at me and nods "Well where are you going?"

"I heard the family will be throwing a party. I want to go so...help me pick out a dress?" I ask slyly and smirk at her reaction.

"Bastards! I'm gone and they throw a party!" She says exasperated before looking at me with wide eyes "You're going!"

"Oh relax Klaus seems mad but he won't kill me, he has his reasons."

"Yeah one of them is named Kol." she mumbles.

I groan "Bekah just help me find a dress."

She laughs "Fine!"

__________________________________

About four hours later I'm at the entrance of the home. Rebekah being the amazing shopper she is helped me pick out a black lace off the shoulder mini dress with an open back, this along with black pumps. I straightened my hair and put on my makeup, deciding on dark lipstick, nothing very dark though.

I walk into the party and immediately have eyes one me. It also makes me realize something. This party is like a species chex mix. Vampires, werewolves, witches, humans, plus Klaus the hybrid. Huh.

Avoiding some of the expected 'You look hot' stares from people who didn't know what I was and the 'i want to skin you' stares which came mostly from the witches and werewolves, I make my way towards the stairs where I spotted four of my best friends.