Battle of New Orleans (Part 1)

.

.

.

Natalia's P.O.V

So currently I was on a roof. Yes a roof. With the one and only Niklaus Mikaelson, he had apparently made a deal with a certain witch.

"Ok so what? Protection and grimier? In return she helps you create your big army of pups?" I ask him while walking along the rooftops.

"Well yes that's it for the most part."

"But I wanted to kill her." I whine and then scowled at him. "That is not fair."

"Well life is not fair sweetheart. I'll tell you what, what if me and you just go out for drinks-" his phone rings cutting him off and he puts up a finger indicating it would only take him a second and then answered.

"Yes, brother, what is it?" I listened in on the conversation and heard Elijah's voice on the other line. No surprise there.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray brother." Lijah tells him and I scrunch my brows.

"They should have been back hours ago!" Hayley says in the background.

"We need to find them." Elijah continues.

Nik begins to walk about the edge "Well that might be a problem. You see I've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied."

"Oh lovely." I pipe in.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah questions.

"It was my intention to present you with the problem only after I find an appropriate solution."

"Since when can you find appropriate solutions?" I ask and he throws me a look.

"Well do enlighten us."

"I'm closing in on it as we speak with Natalia by my side. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose."

Realization dawns on Elijah "Marcel."

"No. He'll kill them." Hayley whispers.

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who would aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit." Klaus announces looking down and I spot that boy. Josh was his name.

"And there it is." I add, now standing next to Nik. He smiles hanging up the phone before flashing in front of the boy "Hello Joshua." he says before tearing into his throat.

_______________________________

As we're walking up to the greenhouse where Davina is Nik outstretches his hand, blocking me from moving on any further. I look down at his arm then at him with a raised brow.

"Yes?"

"I want you to go home." He tells me simply and I almost gape at him.

"Excuse me?"

He sighs looking at me annoyed with a wiggling Josh in his arms. "Kol has been in a sour mood. Today, he threw the toaster at me. Now I suggest you two fix what is going on between you, it's annoying me."

I smirk "All this because of a toaster?"

"Natali-"

I cut him off "You said it yourself Niklaus 'if we want to be together we can't destroy ourselves' what if every time I'm with him, we are?" In all honesty this was true. Every time I was with Kol I was happy but the moment we disagree on something it becomes a world war. That's not good, but yet again what has anything I've done in my life been good. I kill for fun and because I can, I lie, I betray. I'm not made for love, people or monsters like me aren't made to love anyone other than themselves, maybe that's why it's so destructive. I only care about myself. The moment I decide to let someone in I get betrayed. Usually it would be in reverse. Maybe after all the bad things I've done this is like a lesson.