Battle Of New Orleans (Part 2)

Natalia's P.O.V

"I love you"

Immediately after I said those words Kol tensed, color draining his face and a hard look spreading across his features. My own breath got stuck in my throat. I said it. And I immediately regretted it. When you tell someone you love them their face should light up, they should smile and seem shocked in a happy way, not the exact opposite. Which was what Kol was doing now. It was silent for a while but he eventually, hesitantly opened his mouth.

"I can't." He said with a hard voice and something in me shattered. " I don't love you."

My heart dropped and I felt as if someone took part of me away from me. I don't cry. The tears refused to make it to my eyes. But still i was sad, I was heartbroken. To give all you are to someone and for them to give nothing hurts. And it isn't the first time I've experienced this.

I opened my mouth "Very well." I nod and give him a some what sarcastic smile. "Have a nice day." Before he could reply, if, he even wanted to reply I don't give him a chance. I flashed away from him, as far as I can get.

__________________________________________

I had been sitting on a roof. Doing pretty much nothing. Well besides having drunk a couple of bottles of my favorite bourbon. Which is Nik's. My mind is in a haze, how embarrassing and heartbreakingly difficulty it is to love and not receive that love back. Ok. Now I just sound like a love sick blonde. Speaking of blondes......I grab my cell phone and click 8 as a speed dile.

One ring

Two rings

Three rings

"Hello?" an accent full voice greeted from the other side.

"Bekah?" I whispered. Geez how much have I drank.

"Natalia? What is wrong?"

"I said it Rebekah"

"Said what?" She asked curiously

"I told him I loved him" what's funny is, I can hear her breath get stuck in her throat.

"Oh my" she breathed "by the way you sound......did he not say it back?...."

I shaked my head even though I knew she couldn't see me "Nope" I said popping the 'p' and taking another swing of my bottle only to realize it was empty, "Bastard" I mumbled to it and put it down laughing "actually....he said he didn't love me, I mean how great is that?" I tell her.

"I am so sorry, Natalia" and she was, I could tell. Then again what good would that do.

"This. This is why. This is why we do not fall in love" I said in a strong gruff voice.

"It is the heart that causes the damage"

"What heart!" I growl "I gave him my heart and he fucking broke it!"

"You will be okay....eventually" she said. Poor Bekah. She had no idea what to do with me.

"Eventually.....but we are immortal. How long will eventually be for me?"

"As long as you allow it to be"

It was silent after that but I knew she was still on the line. She had a point. Yes we were immortal and it would take more time to forget this, maybe hundreds of years, but, only if I allow it. How did I lose who I was. I don't care and I don't love. I didn't love. But somehow Kol snuck his way to me and I hated him. As humans I liked him, but this is different. This hurts much more then losing him then compared to losing him now. A couple of hundred years ago, well maybe only about two hundred. I befriended a vampire by the name of Alexia Branson. Or just Lexi. She was a good vampire, one of those rare kinds and even though we were opposites she was still my friend. She always tried to make me better even if it wouldn't work. Now I remember something she had said to me.