On the road

.

.

.

"On the road again!"

God, this has to be the fifteenth time I've heard that line in the past hour. You see I was currently in the passengers seat of Kol's car. I wasn't sure of how his driving skills were, I'm still not. Alas, if we get pulled over I established we'll compel ourselves out of it, and then I'm driving. We had decided to stay close to Mystic Falls but that doesn't mean the next town over. Which was good because I hate Mystic Falls. It could also be bad considering I was now stuck with Kol in this car because we decided to go on a road trip and he's been singing this song for the past I don't know how long.

"Shut up! You've been singing that song for the past hour!"

He grinned at me, "But I was just showing off my spectacular singing voice darling!"

I blinked and then threw my head back, "This is revenge isn't it?" I said as quietly as possible.

"Ah, pretty and smart."

"That's not fair! What did I do wrong!"

He took a sideway glance at me, all joking gone and replaced by seriousness, he sighed, "Nothing."

My eyebrows hit the ceiling, "And I thought you would be better at lying, what did I do Kol?"

He lightly chuckled and opened his mouth but quickly closed it again, "Nothing, love".

"Bu-"

"Oh look a diner, good I want a snack."

I gave him a look, "A snack?"

"Yes a snack." He said staring, I followed his gaze and was met with two lovely yummy looking girls.

"Ah, a snack, well go on, I'll wait."

"You're not having any? They look divine.." He murmured still staring.

"No thank you."

"Oh come on! You're so boring!"

I gaped at him "I am not!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am no-"

Before I got a chance to finish I felt warm lips on mine, warm soft lips that left a tingling sensation on my own when they departed, leaving me confused because I had no idea I would miss the feeling when he pulled away and I stared at him with scrunched up eyebrows and parted lips. We just stared at each other really but the silence was getting to me.

"Kol?" I said in a small voice my eyes now looking ahead.

"Yes?" He said his voice a bit louder, I could tell his eyes were looking ahead as well but glancing at me occasionally.

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know...."

My eyes snapped to his and he looked taken back, "What do you mean you don't know! Kol I'm not your toy, I don't do this with people, you should be included in that!" I snapped but instantly regretted, and I don't regret anything.

He looked hurt, which I really could not believe. Kol is Kol, he's reckless and sadistic and doesn't care. But a thought went through me when I saw his eyes. Vulnerability. Like when he was human. He and I were never the closest, but I liked him, i still knew him. He was once human, and so was I and the rest of the Mikaelsons. And that is what surprises me most. Because after one thousand years of being us, they don't understand. People say we have no humanity and that were monsters. And maybe we are but we were once humans that wanted normal lives and were prepared to lead normal lives.

"Kol..." I say ready to become much nicer, which was hard, but as soon as I spoke he seems to snap out of it, he unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car.

"Kol!" The door slams shut and I lean back and huff the hair out of my face.

________________________________

After about half an hour of silently scolding myself about everything the driver door opens but I don't bother looking over to know it was Kol. I can sense him, smell him too, believe it or not.

Ew I sound like a romantic. Ew.

The car starts and were once again driving down the freeway. In an odd silence. It's actually starting to get to me when after about an hour Kol turns on the radio.

"Two teenage girls found dead, throats ripped out and limbs missing."

I steal a glance at him but he continues looking straight ahead and changes the channel.

You know is it me or does everyone in this century appear to have relationship problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys just something small, I've been having writers block so I'm sorry I haven't updated.

Like

Comment

Vote

And

Favorite