Application Stress- Alphonse x Artist!Reader

(A/N- Inspired by true emotions and worries because SENIOR YEAR. Also you guys can have a look at what I'm drawing in art currently because it sort of has to do with what the story is about.

(You guys should go check out my art book, I'm a bit more active in that book than this one nowadays, mostly because an hour and a half of art every school day starts to stack up.)

Alright, onto the story.

Background context, Alphonse and Reader are the same age and are beginning the college application process, with Al applying for regular college (or alchemy college, they would probably have that in Amestris maybe, right?) and Reader applying for art college. Also Al is still armor here because it's my story and I'll do what I want and gsdkhaguikrhuah I like him as a big suit of cute.

Enough rambling... now actually onto the story.)

The group of friends all sat around the fire outside of Winry's house. The two older blondes, Winry and Edward, were soon going to start their freshman year of college. The younger friends, Alphonse and (Y/n), would soon be applying to different schools. All of them felt simultaneously excited and stressed about the upcoming year. And they had reason to be. College was a large workload, and the application process felt tedious, but they would be fine as long as they paced themselves with all the paperwork.

Edward would be attending a school for alchemists, while Winry had been accepted into a college with a great auto-mail program. Alphonse would be applying to the same school Ed would be attending. (Y/n), on the other hand, would be going off on her own to art college. She would keep in contact with her friends of course, but she was pursuing something different from any of the people she'd grown up with. It was what she had always wanted to do, but she, like all artists, still suffered the occasional feeling that her art wasn't good enough to be successful professionally.

All her friends disagreed with her whenever she told them about it, and that made her feel better. But she couldn't keep those feelings at bay all the time.

"Hey, do you guys want to hear a scary story?" Edward asked suddenly with a mischievous grin on his face.

Al's armor made a small clanking noise as he tensed up.

"I'd rather not," he responded.

"Bet I can tell a scarier story than you," you challenged.

"(Y/n) is the one that wants to use her art to tell stories. My bets are on her," Winry said.

Ed began telling his story first. He spoke of a man who stole his dead wife's golden arm. The man started hearing the woman's voice following him, getting closer, asking, "Where's my golden arm?" The story climaxed as the man hid in his bed under the covers as the voice came up the stairs. He hears the bedroom door opening.

"And he slowly turned towards the door," Ed spoke quietly.

Winry seemed a bit on edge, Alphonse was tensed up, and you were relaxed. You were looking over at Al as he was staring intently at his brother, listening to the story. You thought he seemed kinda cute when he was nervous, especially since he was a seven foot tall suit of armor who was shaking slightly at the moment.

Edward made a loud startling shout suddenly. Winry jumped, while Alphonse fell over where he was sitting, and you chuckled a little at him. You had remained unphased.

"B-Brother! That wasn't funny!" Al protested.

"It was a little funny," you responded. Ed looked over at you.

"Ah, (Y/n), why didn't you get scared?" He groaned.

"I knew it was coming, I heard that story in like, fifth grade or something," you shrugged.