Hide and Seek

Al's P.O.V.
I felt myself staring at her, unintentionally taking in the beauty of her features. (Y/n), the girl with (h/l), (h/c) hair, who always acted so kind to everyone. She once explained to me why she acted with such kindness, she was bullied. She told me she never wanted to cause anyone to feel that kind of pain. And I was no exception.
(Y/n) always treated me as though I wasn't an empty suit of armor. As if I truly was human, not just an empty tin can. She would occasionally seclude herself, she was a little introverted. But if she wanted someone to talk to, I would most likely be the first person she came to.
It was the same for me. The way she would quietly listen to every word I, or anyone for that matter, would say to her. I had never heard her say anything rude, well, except for some witty sarcasm. (Sarcasm makes the world go round.)
I would find myself fantasizing about how she would happily say she loved me too when I confessed my feelings.
If only I had the courage to actually tell her that.
(Y/n) suddenly shifted in her seat, eyes lighting up in excitement. Winry, Brother and I all stared at her as she stood up intently in front of us, as if to present a detailed presentation to sell us a thing we would never actually use.
"You know what we haven't done in forever?" (Y/n) inquired.
"What's that?" I asked in as composed a tone as I could muster.
"We haven't played hide and seek in the longest time."
At this, brother gave an audible half scoff, half laugh.
"That game is for little kids."
Winry cut brother off, "Hey! It could be entertaining! You guys don't come back home very often, so it might be fun to loosen up."
Brother silently thought it over for a couple of seconds. Suddenly he burst out, "Not it!"
(Y/n) followed his lead. "Not it!"
I quickly followed suit with "Not it!" as well.
Winry gave a disappointed look, before simply muttering "Dang it, Edward."
"Alright," (Y/n) excitedly continued. "The rules are we have five minutes to hide. We can hide anywhere inside the house and anywhere in the yard. Once you get found, you're not allowed to help the seeker, in this case, Winry. The seeker has half an hour to find everybody." Her (e/c) eyes showed the girl's growing anticipation.
I nodded in approval. "That sounds fair."
"Alright Winry," (y/n) spoke with authority,"Go sit in the corner and think of the answers to life, the universe, and everything."
Winry dragged her feet all the way to the corner and began counting.
"One, two, three..."
(Y/n) suddenly grabbed my hand, making my helmet tint pink. She turned her (e/c) orbs toward me, obviously having an idea for a hiding spot already.
"I know the perfect spot!" She whispered excitedly.
I followed her outside as calmly as a boy who was having his hand held by his crush could. She led me to a nearby tree, and stood behind it.
"Here it is! Well, your spot anyway." She appeared to blush a little upon saying this. If this was where my spot was supposed to be, where was she planning to hide?
"Where's your spot going to be?"
She gave a nervous chuckle and blushed a bit deeper. It made her usual beautiful appearance ever more appealing.
"Well, I kind of can't hide there without your help."
"Yes?"
"Can I, I know this is gonna sound extremely weird, but can, I," (Y/n) looked down at her feet, and trailed off a bit.
"Mmhm?"
She darted her gaze back up to my eyes, and hastily asked "Can I hide in your armor?"
That may not be a bad strategy, actually. But it would be extremely awkward, at least for me. My crush would be inside of me. If that wasn't embarrassing, I don't know what was.
"Why would you want to do that?"
"Well, I thought that most likely no one would check there if I don't make any noise."
"What do I get out of this? Winry will obviously find me fairly easily."
She paused in thought for a few seconds, then quickly stated "I'll tell you a secret that I haven't told anyone!" Then she blushed even deeper and looked at the ground.
I hesitated for a little. What kind of secret would she tell me? Could it be that she likes me? No, I shouldn't even think like that. How could someone as perfect as her ever fall for an empty can like me?
I slowly took off my chest piece and whispered, "Okay, get in."
(Y/n) smiled, then proceeded to carefully crawl inside, and shuffled to get comfortable while I placed the chest plate back in its original place.
"Are you okay in there?"
"Everything's shiny cap'n." (Firefly reference FTW!)
A few minutes passed, and (y/n) got as comfortable as she could, seeing that she would be stuck like that for a while. I heard the back door open, and Winry walked outside. She looked around at first, then immediately went behind the tree and found me.
"Seriously Alphonse, that's the best you can do?"
"I- I couldn't think of anywhere good to hide. I can't fit in a small space. Unlike brother."
I got the feeling (y/n) was holding her breath to remain silent, and to not laugh at my comment. It worked, and Winry didn't suspect a thing.
"So, where's (y/n) hiding?" Winry gave me a look that told me she knew that I knew of (y/n)'s spot. Winry and brother both knew of my crush on her, and they would tease me nonstop about it when she was out of earshot.
"I promised her that I wouldn't give away her spot. You're gonna have to figure out by yourself."
Winry gave a look of annoyance, then decided to go search.
"You're gonna come with me, so you can't warn (y/n) if I'm coming or not."
I followed Winry back inside and we started to search for Edward. We were looking in the cupboards first, half expecting him to be in one of those cramped spots. He was nowhere to be found on the first floor.
"He's probably hiding under a bed upstairs," Winry mumbled as she trudged upstairs.
I was about to ask (y/n) how she was doing, until Winry looked back down the stairs and yelled, "Get your butt up here Alphonse!" I decided against talking to the girl inside me, and followed after Winry.
When I entered the room Winry was searching, she was peering under the bed. She seemed certain brother was under there, but she didn't seem to actually see him. She suddenly straightened up and turned to me.
"Can you lift up the bed, Al?"
Was she expecting him to be clinging to the underside of the bed?
"Um, sure." I bent down carefully, not wanting to hurt (y/n) as I did so.
As I lifted the bed a blonde braid revealed itself from under the mattress. There was brother, between the mattress and the bedframe.
"What!? Al!? How could you!? I thought the people who were found weren't allowed to help seek!"
"He wasn't seeking, he was just lifting the bed." Winry retorted.
Brother started mumbling about how that wasn't fair, then asked, "Is your crush the only one left hiding?"
"Brother!?"
There was a tiny gasp, inaudible to anyone who wasn't me. But I heard it. (Y/n) must have known they were talking about her. She knows about my feelings now.
"Yeah, she's the only one left hiding. And I think I know where she is..." Winry gave a devilish grin.
"Well, you've got about two minutes left to seek, so you better go look there," brother replied, acting as if they had not just given away my big secret. Then again, they didn't know (Y/n) was here with us.
Winry did a somewhat dramatic point, then shouted, "To the front yard!" We all hurried to said place, and Winry rushed to the bottom of the tree.
"(Y/n)! I know you're up there! Come down!"
There was no response. No one peaked down to see if she was talking to them. There was only silence.
"You've got thirty seconds, Winry." Edward stated, looking at his state-alchemist watch.
"Come on (y/n), stop making me look stupid and come down. I KNOW YOU'RE UP THERE!" Winry's voice started to rise with panic. She was realizing that the spot she had figured out, was not the one (y/n) was hiding in.
"Three, two, one, time's up!" Brother declared.
Winry trudged back over towards us and shouted in any general direction," Alright, you win! Come on out!"
A soft knock emanated from me. Brother and Winry slowly turned their heads towards my form. They stared in silence for a few seconds, before Winry bluntly stated, "She didn't."
I carefully removed my chest plate, revealing a semi-curled up (y/n).
"Hi."
"Oh. My. Gosh." Winry was completely dumbfounded.
(Y/n) stepped out, carefully landing on the ground in front of the three of us. She looked around with a straight face, before bursting into a smile and shouting "I am the master of hide and seek!" at the top of her lungs. She swiveled on her heal, turning towards Winry and brother.
"By the way, thanks for revealing that Alphonse likes me."
The pair suddenly had guilt written all over their faces. They hadn't known, but I was still mad at them for it. (Y/n) now quickly turned to me.
"Alphonse, remember how I said that if you let me hide there, I would tell you something I've never told anyone?" She questioned.
I nodded, feeling embarrassed now that she knew everything.
"W-well that secret was that I-I love you." She stuttered, before quickly looking down and blushing.
Winry gave a huge gasp. "I knew it. I knew it knew it knew it knew it knew it! I totally ship you guys!"
(A/n- I have a head cannon that Winry is a crazy shipping lady, and you and Alphonse are her OTP)
"Well, I think this game of hide and seek went well," Brother said with a smirk.
"Yes," (y/n) grabbed my hand, looking up at me." Yes it did."
I looked down at her, feeling free to show how I felt. "I love you, (y/n)."
She smiled up at me, clearly happy that our feelings were mutual. "I love you, too."