The Blue Bracelet

A baby.
That's all I can think about.
I'm at my desk in the women's room, working on Maxon's party arrangements. Well, I'm supposed to be. But all I can think about is a baby.
Maxon and I haven't really tried. Yeah, we've done IT. But we weren't trying to get pregnant. Maybe we should.
Are we ready? I mean we're always busy. But it's so lonely around here.
What if he doesn't want a baby? Then what?
I'll have to talk to him soon about it.
"America?"
I look up and Sylvia is standing in front of me.
"Oh, hey Sylvia."
"You're late for dinner so Maxon wanted me to come check on you."
"Sorry I lost track of time," I apologize.
"It's quite alright. I'll bring you to him then later we can talk about the party plans for tomorrow."
Welp. Those aren't done. I'm just busy day dreaming. Geez, I suck at being queen.
"Right. Ok."
I get up and she brings me, not to the dining room, but to a private balcony going into the garden. There's a table and two chairs. There's a rose and candle in the center of the table. Maxon's sitting there messing with his tie. What a dork. I grin.
He sees me and stands up, smiling. I smile and walk over. He pushes the chair in as I sit down.
"Good evening my dear," he says with a smirk.
"Good evening my royal husbandness," I reply.
He sits across from me and butlers put full plates of chicken Alfredo in front of us.
"What's this all about?" I ask.
"I love you America. This is a date. And a fine planned one at that," he brags.
I smile.
"You're amazing Maxon."
"Not as amazing as you, my dear."
"Thanks, but not your dear," I reply while grabbing my fork.
"Oh you so are."
"So not."
"You'll accept your title one day....my dear."
I roll my eyes.
He laughs.
"Oh, I have something for you," he says, reaching into his pocket.
"Maxon, no. It's your birthday not mine."
"It's not really a gift, I just found it."
He holds up the blue bracelet he got me during the selection. He hadn't gotten anyone else something from his trip to New Asia. I lost it a week before our wedding and was crying like a little baby for at least an hour.
"But if you don't want itttt," he says, acting like he'll put it away.
"No I do!"
Maxon gets up and comes over to me. He puts it on my left wrist then kisses my hand. I smile.
"Careful not to lose it this time," he says.
"I know."
We go back to eating and talk about business for awhile.
After, the butlers bring us chocolate cake.
"So Maxon, I was wondering," I start nervously," if we could um...."
"What is it America?"
"Well um..."
"Are you alright?"
Great now he's worried.
"Never mind."
"You can tell me," he says.
"I was wondering....if we could have the same cake at the party. It's so good."
He smiles.
"Sure. I don't mind. It is really good."
Nice one America....