Preparations

I get out of my bath and start getting dressed for the day.
Morning baths always make me feel refreshed and calm. I want to stay there all day most of the time, but I had to make myself get our early this morning. My usually half hour bath only lasted ten minutes.
Maxon and I have lots of things to do and plans to make, so there's no time to waist.
I have a maid help with my hair and makeup, then I meet Maxon in the dining room for breakfast. The kids are already there with him.
I sit in my seat, triggering the coming of the food.
"You didn't have to wait for me," I inform Maxon.
"We wanted to," he replies.
"I didn't realize you got them early."
"I figured I'd get them when I left."
"I would've hurried if I would've know that we were eating early."
"We didn't have to. I just wanted to make sure I was up and ready for the day."
"Alright."
"We'll go to the meeting right after we eat."
"That sounds good."
We all start eating.
"Mama," Kaden calls.
I look at him. He's holding his fork with a piece of egg on it.
"Yes sweetie?" I ask.
"Can you cut up my nummy please?" he asks.
"Of course."
I take his plate and start cutting up the strawberry crepe. He calls them his nummies because they're his favorite.
The chef usually cuts it up for him, but he must've forgotten.
Once it's cut into small enough pieces I give it to him.
"Thank you mama," Kaden appreciates.
"You're welcome sweetie."
"Mom. After we eat can we play in the garden?" Ahren asks.
"Sure. Make sure you ask Sam to go with you," I remind him.
"Ok. Can Kile come?"
"You'll have to ask Marlee."
"Are you coming?" Eadlyn breaks in.
"No honey. I've got some things to do. Maybe after I get work done."
"Aw ok."
"I'm sorry."
"It's ok."
"We'll play together soon."
She nods.
I feel bad about not being capable of joining them, but there's work that needs done. Especially if Maxon and I are going to be traveling soon. I guess playing with the kids will have to wait.
Once we're done eating I bring the kids to Sam, their young guard. The kids have all gotten close to him. He seems too soft to be a guard, but he does his job very well.
"Sam!" Ahren yells when he spots his friend.
He nods at us with respect and smiles as we make our way over.
"Will you take us outside to play?" Ahren requests.
"If your mother is ok with it then I don't see a problem," Sam replies.
Ahren looks at me.
"That's fine," I say.
"Yay!"
"I'll see you three at dinner ok?"
"Aren't you having lunch with us?" Eadlyn asks.
"No sweetie. Your dad and I are having lunch with some friends."
"Oh ok."
"I love you three."
They give me their loves back.
I give each of them a kiss on the cheek then I join the ongoing meeting.
I sit by Maxon at the head of the table.
"Are you ready to begin your highness?" the royal advisor asks.
"Yes," Maxon answers.
With that the discussion of our funds begins.
The treasurer explains the amount of money the community shelters are receiving, which isn't much right now. Many of them get donations or earn money in some way, and most of them are doing fine.
He talks about the military funds next. The General, who won't be attending the current meeting, has requested a larger fund.
"And why is that?" Maxon asks.
"I can't be completely sure, but I believe it has something to do with traveling and ammunition."
"Makes sense. They will need to make sure they have enough to defend us."
"Yes. I believe the General would like to set up a meeting with you as well."
"We'll put that aside for now then."
"Alright."
He continues to explain the funding for the castle and court members, then brings up the small town we will be traveling to.
"I want to rebuild the whole thing," Maxon states.
"The town wasn't huge, but all of it was destroyed sir. It will be very expensive to try to rebuild all of it," the treasurer tries to persuade.
"I am aware. But the area was full of major goods manufacturers."
"There are others nearby that could fill their place."
"And if they're attacked? Either way I want to help this town. We will have new homes and farms rebuilt. We will have the homes done first, then the fields will be fixed and they can make their own barns if necessary."
"Alright sir," Connor, the royal advisor, understands as he writes everything down.
"I also want to give each of them some money to rebuy and animals and plants they lost. Do you know where they are all staying now?"
"The mayor has arranged for them to stay in an unoccupied home of a neighboring town."
"Then they'll stay there until the homes are prepared."
The advisor nods.
"Are they supplied with plenty of food?"
"They have enough for two small meals a day each."
"Then we'll have to start building quickly and the workers will have long hours."
"Of course."
"What else is there?"
"We should get everything prepared for when you plan to leave."
"Right. I would like to fly over two days from now. America will be coming with me."
"Are you sure your majesty?"
"I am."
"Don't you think someone should be here to rule?"
"We'll be gone for a week, maybe two. In the mean time you're in charge."
"Me?" Connor asks shocked.
"Yes," Maxon says clearly.
"I'm just your advisor."
"And I trust you."
"Alright sir. I'll do my best."
"Thank you. I want to leave after breakfast and we'll plan on coming back in a week, but I'm not sure if they'll still need me there. After two weeks we're coming back no matter what."
"Smart plan. We don't want you gone for to long."
"Yes. Now will the materials needed be there when I arrive?"
"I can contact the mayor after our meeting and tell them to get everything together. If you'd like I can request that they start building immediately."
"Good idea. If they know where they want everything go ahead and tell them they can start building."
"Ok."
"Ask the mayor if he's alright with both of us staying with them for two weeks. We'll pay them for our stay. Also get enough money over to pay for the materials."
"Yes sir."
"And see if the mayor will be paying the workers or not. If he won't then we'll have to. Meeting dismissed," Maxon explains.
"Yes sir. I'll get right on it," the advisor loyally replies.
Maxon gets up and I get up with him.
The advisor, treasurer, and two court members bow to us. Maxon nods his head to them then we leave.

I'm so grateful to be laying in bed.
Even though we only had three meetings, my back is killing me. I think it's from the seats. They're comfortable, but sitting up completely straight isn't helping my growing stomach. Maxon says he can't tell it's grown at all, but I can. It's not to much bigger, but it's definitely not flat anymore.
The meetings all went well and weren't too stressful. They all went pretty quickly too. Maxon and I even got a private lunch together in the garden. We sat on the stone seat where we first met. It was lovely.
We had dinner with the kids, but that was planned anyway. They all said how much they missed us and that they wished we could've played together. They told us about playing with Sam and wished we could've at least watched. But we have something special planned for them tomorrow.
As soon as Maxon lays down I hug him.
He hugs me back, holding me close.
He kisses the top of my head.
"Tired darling?" he asks.
"Getting there," I respond.
"How's your back?"
"Better."
"That's good to hear. Want me to massage it?"
"I'm ok, thanks though."
"Anytime love."
I yawn.
He smiles at me.
"What?" I question with a frown.
"You're just so beautiful."
I roll my eyes.
"You are."
"Not as beautiful as you."
"Oh I know. I'm the most beautiful king of all the lands."
I smile and laugh lightly.
He grins.
"I'm glad you're letting me go," I admit.
"Me too."
"Really?"
"Yes I would miss you to much."
"How sweet."
"It turns out I'm absolutely terrible at staying away from you. It's a very serious problem."
I smile then peck his lips.
"That's all I get?"
"Yes. I'm to tired for that."
"There's no such thing as being to tired for that."
I turn off my light.
"Don't worry. I'll wake you up," he teases.
He pinches my butt.
"Maxon!"
He laughs.
"I said no. Now go to sleep you naughty boy," I order.
He turns off his light.
"Naughty boy?"
"Yes. You're bad."
"I try dear."
I turn the other way. He hugs my back to his stomach, holding me as close as he can.
He kisses my neck and nibbles my ear softly, then rests his head on his pillow.
"Good night America."
"Good night Maxon."
"I love you."
"I love you too."