Two Angels

"Look at them," Maxon says.
"They're perfect," I reply.
Ahren and Eadlyn are sleeping in cribs right next to each other. I'm still pretty tired from having them yesterday. Luckily Maxon and I both get the day off to spend with our little angels.
I watch as Maxon takes some pictures. He takes a few with them next to stuffed animals and by themselves, then some with them together.
In the middle of the pictures Ahren starts crying. Eadlyn was asleep, but she's awake now.
I pick Ahren up and rock him back and forth.
"Dang it...that was perfect for a picture too," Maxon complains.
"It's fine. He doesn't like pictures just like me."
"He'll grow on it."
"That's what you said about me, but I still hate it."
He huffs. Ahren fell back asleep so I lay him down next to Eadlyn who's also asleep. Maxon goes back to taking pictures.
My family is coming later today to see them. I'm sure they'll love the babies. I know I do.
Once he's done, I feed them.

"Look how cute!" May squeals.
Ahren immediately starts crying.
"Shush May you're scaring him," I say.
I pick him up. We're in the living room with the babies on a cushion bed on both sides of me. We're allowing the boys in right now. Maxon's holding Eadlyn. Mom goes over to him and talks to Eadlyn who's wide awake.
I calm Ahren down with Gerad and May watching.
"Is he sad?" Gerad asks.
"No. He's just a little tired," I reply.
"Can I hold him?" May asks.
"Sure. Sit."
She sits next to me and I put him in her arms. I support his head until she feels comfortable. Maxon hands Eadlyn to me then walks out with my mom. I wonder what they're doing.
"She's small," Gerad comments."
I look at Gerad and smile.
"She is small. And you're her uncle, so you have to protect her forever alright?"
"Alright," he says.
Eadlyn yawns and stretches.
"She's really cute," he says, holding her hand.
"She doesn't look like you," May says, Ahren asleep in her arms.
"Nope. But she looks just like Maxon's mom. I'm sure she'll grow up to be just as pretty."
"She'll be pretty like you," Gerad says, looking at me.
"Thanks Gerad. I'm sure Ahren will be handsome like his aunt."
"He looks like Maxon," May says.
"He does. You're right."
"Can I hold her?" Gerad asks.
"You have to promise to be careful. They're really fragile."
"Fragile?"
"They're sensitive, she'll get hurt easy."
"I'll be careful I promise."
I nod and have him sit. I put a blanket on his lap. I lay her on the blanket. He smiles wide.
Ahren starts crying again so I take him from May and calm him down.
"I want to hold Eadlyn," May says.
"Let your brother hold him for a bit," I say.
She grabs a toy and shakes it above Ahren. He makes a few noises. I smile.
"How cute," May says.
Maxon and my mom come back.
We spend the evening with my family, showing off the babies.

After a late dinner at my family leaves, promising to visit soon. Both us and the babies are exhausted, so we go back to Maxon's room. We get dressed into comfier clothes and lay down with the babies.
"What time is it?" I yawn
"Eight thirty," he replies.
I hold Eadlyn and play with her tiny hand.
After working for a bit maxon lays down with us.
We talk and hold the babies for awhile. We decide to have them sleep with us. Maxon turns the light off. We lay facing each other with the twins between us. Our two gifts from heaven. Our two angels. Maxon and I hold hands and go to sleep.