Birthday Madness

This morning has been hectic. The chefs prepared Maxon's special breakfast late, with the wrong food, and he got up early. I had the guard keep him in his room and brought him his breakfast. I gave him specific instructions to not leave his room until I came to get him for the party. Of course he didn't want to listen, but he did. Not only did his breakfast get messed up, but everyone started decorating late!
The party starts at 6, and it's 5 now. Almost all the decorations are up but there's still a lot to do. We need to get the food tables, and the food, in here, we need to move more tables for room to dance since a lot of people are coming, and I still have to get ready in such little time!
Once I make sure the tables are where they need to be I hurry to my room to get ready. Luckily Marlee and Lucy work quick. They put me in a white lace day dress with long sleeves and a silk bow on the back. Marlee's putting some light makeup on me while Lucy puts my hair in a high, tight ponytail.
"Marlee, you know you don't have to work right? You can take time off, I get it," I say.
"No. I want to work. At least I'm being helpful," she replies and puts the small make up brush down.
Lucy finishes my hair and there's only ten minutes until the party is officially started. Guests have already been welcomed in though.
"Just make sure you think of your baby," I tell her then quickly leave. I go to our room and go in. Maxon's messing with his camera on our bed.
"There's the birthday boy," I say with a grin.
He looks at me and smiles.
"I was worried you forgot about me," he says, then snaps my picture.
"Ugh, you're gonna do that all night aren't you?"
He nods with a smirk on his gorgeous face.
I go over and hug him. He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.
"I love you Maxon," I murmur into his shirt.
"I love you too my dear."
After a few minutes of just hugging and enjoying the warmth of each other, we head to the party. The color I based the party on is dark blue and gold. The lights are dimmed low for the candles to show off. There are blue and gold painted roses for center pieces on the tables. The food tables have small finger sandwiches and snacks to eat as well as drinks.
We're immediately approached by paparazzi and reporters. Gavril comes over and pulls me away. He tells me about how wonderful he thinks the party is.
Once Gavril leaves, I walk around for awhile, talking to people varying from royalty to farmers. I love how everyone came to celebrate Maxon, my amazing Maxon. I don't deserve him. He deserves someone much more perfect than I am. He treats me so well. He's kind, loving, caring, understanding, and perfect in every way. I couldn't love anyone more, but not enough. He deserves so much more.
I look for Maxon. After a few seconds of scanning I see him standing at the snack table talking to a girl. A pretty girl. A really pretty girl wearing a not so appropriate dress. She's smiling at him.
I take a deep breath and go over. Her smile fades once she sees me. Maxon looks at me.
"Oh, Daphne this is America, my wife. America, this is Princess Daphne of France," Maxon explains.
I smile.
"Hi," I greet.
"Hi," she says very blandly.
She doesn't bother to smile.
"Daphne and I have known each other since we were children. We used to hang out a lot. She's one of the guests I chose to stay," Maxon says.
Oh fun.
"Um, Maxon can I borrow you for a minute," I ask.
"You own me, my dear," he flirts.
I grab his arm and quickly pull him away. I drag him to the garden.
He smiles.
"Perfect," he states.
We walk over to our bench and sit. He's facing the forest and I'm facing the castle. I hold his hand. He gives me a peck on the lips and smiles. I smile back
"Can we talk kinda serious for a moment?" I ask.
"Sure. What do you want to talk about?"
"Well, did you know Marlee is pregnant?"
"Yes I heard. Carter was very excited."
"Well I was talking to her a lot about it..."
"Really?" he asks.
I nod.
"And?"
"....I want a baby."
He looks at me shocked. We both stare at each other for a moment. Then he smiles.
"Me too," he says.