The End of My Chapter

"Mom, can we go on vacation soon?" Ahren requests.
"Vacation? Why are you asking so suddenly?"
We're all sitting in the living room. The twins are now 14, growing bigger everyday.
"Because it's so boring here. Can't we go to the beach or something?"
"Not the beach," Maxon answers. "But maybe we can go on a small trip soon."
"Really?" Eadlyn asks surprised.
Maxon smiles. "Really."
I smile as I see the excitement on their faces.
Kaden, who's now 10, and Osten, who's now 6, come in together.
"What's going on?" Kaden asks after noticing the excitement on the twin's faces.
"Dad said we can go on vacation!" Ahren yells.
"I said a small vacation. Nothing too far away," Maxon stops him.
"Where are we going to go?" Osten questions as he sits by me.
"We're not sure yet. Any ideas?"
"The beach," Kaden suggests.
"No beaches," Maxon replies.
"Maybe a horse farm," Eadlyn thinks.
"That's a good option," I reply.
"We could go to a museum," Kaden says.
"That could be fun. There's plenty of museums to go to."
"We should go to an amusement park," Ahren grins.
I laugh. "We'll see."
"How about you all pick one place to go and we'll spend a week doing everything. Deal?" Maxon offers.
They all yell "yes" excitedly.
"We'll talk about it more tomorrow so make sure you figure out where you want to go," Maxon says.
The kids get up to go to their room.
"Eadlyn, wait moment," Maxon stops her from leaving.
She looks at him and nods, sitting back in her chair. "Did I do something wrong?"
"Absolutely not, dear. We just want to start talking about something with you," Maxon says reassuringly.
"What is it?" she asks.
"The selection."
And this is where Eadlyns story begins. Soon enough my baby girl will grow up to find true love and be a wonderful leader. She'll feel heartbreak and confusion, but she'll find herself and her happiness. Just like I always wanted.

I want to thank you all for reading my story for so long! I've been working on this book for years and I'm so happy to have seen my writing grow.
Don't worry, this book might be over but it's not the end of my writing. I've got other fanfictions I'm doing as well as stories I'm coming up with on my own, so please check those out!
I just published a Maxerica request book, so if you have any one-shot requests you can tell me there and I will gladly write them! Also, the real final chapter of this book is the first chapter of that one. I will have the entire family going on vacation.
I also have another Maxerica story I'm working on from Maxon's point of view. It is called "The Second Choice: The Selection Series".
If you guys are interested I can do another one from America's point of view. Just let me know! Thanks again!