Babies 1st Christmas

"Get up!"
I'm shaking Maxon, trying to get him to get up. It's Christmas and the man wants to sleep all day. It's 8 for crying out loud!
He groans and covers his head with the blankets.
"Maxon please get up," I beg.
"Can't we sleep a little longer?"
"No."
He looks at me. I pout.
"Fine. Only cause you're so adorable," he gives in.
I smile and grab his crutches. I give them to him and grab the kids. We go to the living area where our own tree is set up with a bunch of gifts under it. Our stockings are hanging on the fireplace.
A maid starts a fire in the fireplace then brings us cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. Eadlyn and Ahren are still asleep so we eat on the couch.
My family said they'd give us some alone time in the morning so we'd exchange gifts with them later. I know May's gonna love the gift I got her. Gerad's gonna like his gift from Maxon too.
"These cinnamon rolls are so good," Maxon says.
"Agreed. The hot chocolate is good too."
Ahren starts crying. I put down my plate and pick him up.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
He keeps whining. I check his diaper then feed him. He calms down and goes to sleep after that. I put him down and finish eating.
"Gift time," Maxon says.
I smile and get up.
The maid comes and takes our plates. I grab Maxon's first gift. He takes it and opens it.
"Wow," he says.
He picks the rare vintage camera I got him.
"This is collectors folding camera from Germany in the 1930's during World War 2!" he exclaims.
I smile.
"So you like it?"
"Yeah!"
"That's good."
He checks it out for a bit then has me grab a poorly wrapped gift.
"You wrap it yourself?"
"Yep," he replies proudly.
"Figured."
I open it. It's a photo book. On the cover is a picture of us when I was pregnant. Boy was I fat. I flip through it and see pictures from during the selection to after the babies were born.
"Aww Maxon. I love it."
"I'm glad. I wanted us to have this so we can always remember what we've been through and how happy we are. Because I love you. Every one of those pictures is a lasting memory that we made together. And I never want to forget every moment I've spent with you and every memory we've made together. I love you with all of my heart."
"I love you too Maxon. This means so much to me."
I put it aside and hug him. He hugs me back.
"I can't imagine my life without you," he whispers.
"Then stop trying," I whisper back.
He kisses me. I kiss him back hard.
The maid comes in then starts to leave. I move away from Maxon.
"You're alright," I say to her.
"I was just going to refill your drinks," she explains.
"Please do."
She does as I grab another gift.
"Thank you,"Maxon says to her.
She curtsies then leaves.
I hand him the gift. He opens it. It's a cleaning kit for his cameras.
I open my next two which are knitting supplies and a book of piano music.
Maxon's last gift is a bullet that has M carved into it with designs around it.
The other twelve gifts are what we bought for Ahren and Eadlyn; clothing, toys, and supplies.

"Can I open first?" May asks.
"Don't be rude," my mom says.
"Of course you can May," I say.
She smiles and I hand her the gift. She's sitting on the floor next to me and Ahren who's in my lap. Maxon has Eadlyn. May opens the gift and pulls out the necklace with pink diamonds on it. They go down from biggest to smallest in a row. May loves pink and anything shiny so I knew she'd like this.
"It's so pretty," she says.
"So you like it?" Maxon asks.
"I love it. Thank you so much."
"My turn!" Gerad yells.
I smile and put his gift in front of him. He opens the large box. Inside is a camp hunting outfit and some special bullets that leave different colors on the target. He looks at Maxon who's smiling.
"Does this mean I get to hunt with you?" he asks.
"Yup. Once my leg gets better."
"Yes!"
"Here mom," I say, holding out the small box for her. She smiles and takes it.
"You guys didn't have to get me anything," she replies.
"Of course we did," Maxon says.
She opens it and holds up the coffee cup that says "the only thing better than having you for a mom is my children have you for a grandma." In it is a bracelet with pink and blue beads with a heart that says "when a baby is born...so is a grandma" and some chocolate. She hugs me. I hug her back.
"Thank you guys so much," she says, tearing up.
I just smile.
May grabs my gift and hands it to me once my mom let's go. I open it. It's a Christmas orb with baby feet and the words "babies 1st Christmas" on it. I smile.
"Thanks guys."
Maxon gets up and goes over to the tree on his crutches with me. I hand it to him and hold Ahren and Eadlyn. He puts it on the tree.
This is the best Christmas I've ever had.