Us

I can help but think about everything Maxon and I have been through. Everything we are.
I can't imagine a better life.
Yes, we've had some down moments, but it's all been worth it.
Maxon is such an amazing husband. He's so loving and caring. He treats me like a queen.....ok I'm a queen. I mean he spoils me. A lot. He tells me everyday how beautiful he thinks I am and how much he loves me. He always shows his affection, even if it's just small touches.
Eadlyn and Ahren are the best kids I could ask for. They listen to what we tell them. Well, most of the time. They're so sweet and loving as well, just like their daddy. I know Eadlyn will be a good ruler one day.
Yes, Eadlyn. She was born first, so we decided to let her rule. It's a risky decision, but I'm certain it's the right one. The one that needed to be made.
"Need anything my dear?" Maxon asks, putting his suit on.
"I'm alright," I reply.
He has a meeting with the general officer so I'm gonna spend time with the kids today.
He kisses me then leaves.
I grab the bag of gifts and head to the kids room.
When go in, they're playing together with her dolls. They both take turns playing with each other's toys all the time. It's adorable.
"Hey guys," I say.
"Mommy!" Eadlyn says.
"Hi mommy," Ahren says.
"I have a few surprises for you guys," I inform.
Both of their faces light up.
We all sit together on the floor. I hand them both one of their gifts. Eadlyn opens her new dress and she gasps. Ahren opens the box with a coloring book in it.
"Like them?"
"Yeah!" they both yell.
I smile.
The maid brings us tea and cookies. We all put on fake crowns, even Ahren. We have a little tea party.
I love spending time like this with my kids. It's times like these I'll always remember.
When we're almost done, Maxon comes in.
"Daddy!" Eadlyn yells.
"Hey sweetheart," he says.
He sits next to me. Eadlyn gives him a cup and plate with a cookie.
He gets tea and joins out tea party. I put a plastic tiara on his head. He gives me a playful glare. I laugh.
I go and get his camera. I take a picture of him with the tiara and a few of the kids.
Once we're done we go to dinner.

"Thanks for joining us earlier," I say.
"My pleasure," Maxon replies.
"You looked hot in that tiara."
He laughs. I hug him. He hugs me back. We stay there holding each other.
This is my family. This is my happiness. My life. This is my family. My kids.
This is us.