Trying

It's been 5 months. 5 months since the guests left. 5 months since Maxon and I have been trying. Trying so hard for a baby.
It's been very lonely and honestly depressing around the castle lately. I was taking tests every other week for the first three months. Then we started losing hope. Maxon thinks it's all his fault. He's scared we'll never have a baby. But we will. We have to. I've always wanted a baby of my own. But it's not just my baby. It's our baby.
It's 6 AM. I look at Maxon and he's fast asleep, but I'm wide awake. He's adorable when he sleeps. He doesn't snore much but when he does it's quiet and cute. His hairs a perfect tangle of mess. I smile and snuggle up close to him. He wakes up enough to hug me out of instinct, then goes right back to sleep. I breathe in his scent then fall back asleep.

I wake up at 8 when I feel Maxon get up. I turn and look at him. He sees me awake.
"Sorry...." he says.
"Don't be," I reply.
I smile, earning a small smile back.
"I love you Maxon. It's ok."
"I know."
"It'll all be ok."
"Yeah. I know," he says with an irritated tone.
"Don't be mean," I say, crossing my arms.
"I'm not," he defends.
"Yeah huh."
He rolls his eyes and I suddenly feel the urge to cry.
I lay back down and turn away. Tears gather at corner of my eyes then slip down my cheek.
"America?" Maxon says.
I don't reply.
He puts his hand in front of me and leans over to see my face.
"Why are crying?" he asks.
He turns me over and I sniffle. I wipe my face off.
"You were being mean."
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."
He lays next to me and holds me.
"Please don't cry. I hate seeing you upset."
"You do?"
"Yeah. It's like a knee to the groin," he jokes.
I giggle and hug him.
"Well that cheered you up quick."
"Mhmm."
"Good. I'm gonna go-" he starts.
"No!"
A guard rushes in. Maxon waves him off and he leaves.
"No?" he asks.
"No. Stay with me for a bit."
"Alright. Just for a bit."
We snuggle for twenty minutes then I go to the princess suite to get ready. Marlee is on bed rest in her room so I just have Lucy for now. She gets me in a tight day dress. And when I say tight I mean tight. I just got this fitted last month!
"This seems tight America," Lucy comments.
"Very," I reply.
"Let's redo your measurements."
"Ok."
Lucy does all the measurements she needs.
"It looks like you've gained two inches around your waist America," Lucy tells me.
"Two?!"
"Yeah. Which is odd. You're on a healthy diet."
I was starting to think this was awful. But then it hits me.
I look at Lucy.
"What?" she asks.
I run to the bathroom and grab a pregnancy test.