Baby Bomb

"You look beautiful my dear," Maxon compliments.
"Thanks Maxon," I reply.
Marlee's finishing curling my hair. Lucy went to get me a snack.
I feel really bad for Maxon. He finished getting ready forever ago but I'm needing help walking around so he has to wait and help me get ready. We're getting some pictures done with both the press and a professional photographer. The babies will be here soon so we're having them done today. I'm going on bed rest in a few days. It sucks, but I honestly doubt I could walk anyway. I'm officially 9 months in three days.
Marlee finishes the thick curls, then runs a brush through my hair to make it look more natural. Lucy put some light makeup on me earlier.
Once I'm ready Maxon helps me downstairs to an area set up for us to take the pictures.
"Maybe one of them will photo bomb the picture," Maxon jokes.
"I don't even know what that means, but no."
"Or we could say they baby bombed the picture."
"That was literally the worst joke I've ever heard."
"That bad?"
"For sure."
They have me sit in a chair as they talk about what poses and props we'll use. It's a little stressful with so much to choose from.

"Well that was exhausting," Maxon says.
"Tell me about it," I groan.
We are now in more comfortable clothes getting ready for dinner. I'm wearing a long, loose dress. Maxon's wearing a black dress shirt and dress pants.
"You ready for dinner," he asks, looking at himself in the mirror.
"Yep."
Just as I was about to get up off the bed, I feel a bad pain in my lower stomach. I gasp and clutch onto the bed. Maxon runs over.
"I'm ok," I say.
"Are you sure?"
I nod we stay there for a minute just in case. Once I'm sure I'm fine I get up. He helps me walk to the door. Once he opens it I feel a pain again and grab the door frame.
"You need to lay down. I'll get a doctor," he says.
He helps me back to the bed. Once I'm laying down, I grab his arm.
"It's to early," I cry.
"Don't cry my dear. It'll be alright."
He kisses me then has the guard get a doctor.
The guard comes with the doctor and nurses trailing behind.
The doctor checks everything while I hold Maxon's hand.
"You aren't in labor," he assures me."
"Thank god," Maxon breathes.
"It's just false labor, normal at this point. You should stay laying down for awhile though, then go on a walk."
"Ok, thank you so much doctor," Maxon says.
The doctor leaves with the nurses. The guard goes back to his post outside the door.
Maxon has some maids bring our food to our room.
We eat on the bed together. I get small cramps every now and then.
"That was freaky," Maxon says.
"I'm glad I'm not in labor. They need to wait a little longer," I reply.
"You heard her," Maxon says rubbing my side.
I giggle.
We eat dinner then go on a walk like the doctor said. We walk in the garden together like always.

"Goodnight my dear," Maxon says.
"Goodnight," I mumble sleepily.
"Goodnight you two."
He puts his hand on my stomach, causing a kick.
"Maxon!"
"Sorry!"
"They were calm," I groan.
"Sorry darling. I just love you three so much.
I smile.
"We love you too.