Kiss in the Rain

"Lookie!"
I look at Eadlyn who has a handful of flowers.
"They're for you mommy."
"Thank you honey."
I take them and smile. She sits on my lap in the grass with the flowers next to us.
"Cookie?"
"Sure."
The maid gets her two sugar cookies. She eats them as we watch Maxon throw a ball with Ahren. And by throw I mean Ahren's attempting to throw it and Maxon tosses it back.
It's really cloudy, but we wanted to come outside. We all love spending time in the garden together. It will always hold so many memories.
Ahren runs for the ball then trips and starts crying. Maxon rushes over and picks him up.
"Aww my poor baby," I say as he carries him over.
We hear thunder.
"Let's go inside," Maxon suggests.
"Good idea," I reply.
I stand up with Eadlyn in my arms. We all go inside together.
"Bed time," I say.
"No," Eadlyn complains with a pout.
"Yes. It's late and you're both tired."
I kiss her forehead and we carry them to their room. They both still share a room. They're best friends and so they said they want to share a room for now. They say they feel safe together. It's cute.
As soon as we leave their room, Maxon picks me up bridal style. I laugh and he carries me to the hidden stairs that lead to the roof. We both go up and open the door. As we thought, it's pouring rain.
We hug and watch.
During our selection, we made out in the rain on this very roof. We got caught after, but it was so worth it. We were so in love and happy. So so happy.
Our little kiss in the rain.
We make out for awhile. Once we're done we close the door and go to our room.
We get dressed and lay together.
"I'm happy Eadlyn and Ahren are so close," I say.
"Me too," he agrees.
"Poor Ahren, falling on his face."
"He was alright."
"How do you know?"
"No bleeding or scratches. I think it scares him more than anything."
"Probably. But still."
I yawn.
"Night darling," he says.
"Good night Maxon."
"I love you."
"I love you more."
"I love you most my dear."