Christmas Ball

After going to make sure everything is being set up properly, and taste testing the delicious food choices, I go to the princess suite.
There's still an hour until the ball begins, so I've decided to clean up the room a bit. It's been a mess since I'm not in here much and when I needed something I'd have to go through everything quickly so I could get back to watching the twins. I've also asked the maid to not touch anything.
I start putting everything in the drawers and stacks that they belong in, when I grab the envelope that brings back good and bad memories. I open it and look at the letters Maxon wrote to me during our selection.
I smile a bit.
This moment was so hard on me. But I knew he loved me. It's to bad a bullet had to remind the both of us of how much we love each other.
Marlee comes in so I put it aside.
"Hey America," Marlee says.
"Hey," I reply.
"I'm gonna get you ready while Lucy gets Ahren and Eadlyn ready," Marlee explains.
"Sounds good."
She smiles and pulls out my ball gown. It's dark blue with gold on it.
She gets me dressed then curls my hair again. She does my makeup then I go to Maxon's room. He's sitting on the bed in his suit with the kids next to him. Eadlyn has a pink sparkly shirt with ruffles going to her knees and pink leggings on. Ahren has a mini suit on. They look so adorable!
I go over and hug Maxon. He hugs me back.
"Did you see the outfits?" Maxon asks.
"Yeah. They look so cute," I reply.
"I picked them myself," he says proudly.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Don't act so shocked!"
I laugh.
"Sorry," I apologize.
I kiss his cheek and he smiles. I grab the kids and we head downstairs.

"Need anything?" I ask.
"I'm good," Maxon replies.
He's sitting at a table with the twins on their cushion bed. He's been sitting here with them, occasionally talking to someone who sat with him, drinking some wine.
I've been dancing with lots of people, and I'm exhausted. I'm ready for bed.
"Bored yet?" I ask.
"Nah. May and Gerad have been keeping me company," he says.
"Well that's good."
He smiles.
Gerad comes over.
"Maxon!" he yells.
"Yeah?"
"Can you show me your gun collection again?"
"Later bud."
"Aw ok," he says, then runs off.
"What was that about?" I ask.
"He wants to hunt."
"Ah."
May comes over.
"Come dance with me America."
"Alright."
I smile at Maxon before she drags me off.

"I'm so tired," I groan, plopping onto our bed.
After everyone left I brought my family to their guest room and talked while Maxon got ready for bed. It takes him a little longer since he has the brace.
He grins.
"What?" I ask.
"Here."
He holds out a jewelry box.
"Oh Maxon."
I smiles and sit up. I open it and see a bracelet with baby feet on it.
"Awww."
I tear up and hug him. He hugs me back.
"Like it?"
"Love it."
I kiss his cheek then put the bracelet on my night stand. I grab the kids and put them between us. We lay down and go to sleep.