Halloween: Dante/Vergil

"Trick or Treat!!" You held your hand over your heart at the little ones brave enough to approach Devil's May Cry. With a bowl of candy in hand you gave them all a piece of chocolate. "Happy Halloween!" Waving goodbye as they left, you shut the door. "Isn't Halloween such joke? Those brats don't know what real scary was if they saw what we've seen." Dante commented as he reads his magazine, candy wrappers on his desk. You're eye twitched in irritation as he yawned. "Cant you have any spirit, Dante? They're just children." Vergil sits on the couch, examining a carved pumpkin in slight confusion. "Why do people carve faces on the food they grow?" Vergil questions blankly causing your eyebrow to twitch again. "Its because food is fun to waste I think.." Sighing at Dante's remark you put the bowl of candy down and put your hands on your hips. "No that's not it. Its a tradition! Do you guys know anything about Halloween?" Both men turn to you. "Man, when its Halloween, we are usually on work overdrive since demons think its fun to walk around like they're dressing up and eat little kids like 'It' from Stephen King, babe." You shivered at the thought. Clowns are not your favorite thing in the world.

You smiled briefly at Vergil, his attention still on the pumpkin. "Speaking of 'dressing up', Where is your sexy Halloween costume (Y/n)? I've been waiting all day!" Dante throws his magazine on his desk and gets up. Lightly blushing at his question, you picked up the bowl before Dante can grab another piece of candy. "I didn't get one." You said as you walked to Vergil's desk and opened the bottom drawer, pulling out a big bag of candy to fill up the bowl. "That's where you've been hiding them! You sneaky fox!" Dante crossed his arms with a pout. You giggled and put the bag back, closing the drawer. "Yes because I figured you wouldn't dare touch Vergil's desk." Dante looks at the bottom drawer contemplating. "Don't touch my desk, Dante.." 'He tsked' and sat on the couch next to his brother. "Whatever.. Back to the topic; Babe is always excited on this day.." You nodded with a smile and fixed the fake spider webs hanging on the window. "Of course! It's fun!" Dante leaned back. "Next year well take you to one of our jobs for a day." Vergil stood and went to his desk, opened the bottom drawer and took a piece of candy. "HEY! What the hell, Verg!?" He gaped at his brother as he sat back down.
"Did you get one for me?"
"No.."
"Asshole.."
You hold back a laugh, a doorbell ring makes your eyes sparkle in excitement as you grabbed the bowl. "Coming!" As you giggled at the children, one giving you a hug, Dante sighed. "She always loves holidays.. Halloween is her favorite though." Vergil nodded, his eyes soft while watching you give out candy. Vergil held his palm to Dante, a piece of candy lay for him to take. Dante stared at him before scoffing and taking it. "It better not be poisonous.." Vergil rolled his eyes. "How tasteless.." Both sit in a surprising, comforting silence as they watched your smiling form as more children came. "Dante.."

"Yeah?"

"What if she had a child?"

"If we have kids?? Hmm.. It'll be like this I guess. More like.. We'll make sure it's like this."

"...Agreed."

Happy Halloween and Thanks For Reading!