Target Practice

You were bouncing on your seat in excitement, waiting for Trish and Lady to come get you. "Babe, you sure? You don't even know how to watch were you're stepping, Ms. Klutz." You glare at the grinning Dante hiding his face with his magazine. "Don't be an ass! I can do this!" Vergil looks to you with the corner of his eyes at his desk. "This is unnecessary. You have plenty of reasons to feel safe with us." Dante huffed and threw his magazine on his desk next to a pizza box. "The PROBLEM is that babe doesn't know the words 'stay put' Verg. THATS how she gets herself into danger." You pouted as Dante took a bite of a slice of pizza. "Well what if we were attacked when you aren't home!?" Vergil stood and went to the pizza box to take a piece. "No fool would dare come to this place and cause you harm. Lest they want to be disemboweled one piece at a time.." You shiver at Vergils lowered voice. His younger brother shook his head, eyes widen. "Damn Verg, you scary.." The shop door slammed open, Trish and Lady with all of their swagger steps in. "Hey, (Y/n). Ready for the shooting range?" Trish asked causing you to jump up with stars in your eyes. These women always were the baddest of the bad and you look up to them. "Yes!!-" "Hoooold it!" You irked at Dante holding his hand up. "Please make sure she doesn't shoot herself.." He winced at a punch from you. "That didn't hurt by the way.." You turned, deciding to ignore him as you clasped your hand together. "Don't worry, we got her." You sighed at Lady. "You know.. I'm not a kid! I'm a grown woman like you guys!" You clenched your fist at Dante chuckle. "You're all woman, but.." "SHUT. UP!" You jab your finger at Dante and Vergil. "I'll show you!! I can be a badass demon hunter too you'll see! Come on guys!!" You twirled around and strode outside, all four of them looking. "Oh.. She's pissed." Lady followed, hands behind her head. Trish waved to the twins, walking out and closing the door. "Now look what you done, brother. I did nothing, yet she's mad at me too.." Vergil crossed his arms and looks to Dante in annoyance. "Hey! You know damn well I'm right about her being clumsy!"

"...."

"That's what I thought, Verg!"

~~~~ 

The day was so nice and the fact you got to ride with Trish on her motorcycle makes it better! You finally arrived at the shooting range. "What a thrill!!" You pulled off the helmet shouting in excitement. You look at the almost run down building as Lady walked to the door. "This is where Dante would come from time to time too." She held the door open for you, the smell of gun powder fills your nose. "TRISH! LADY! How are ya!?" Your eyes widen at a older man, polishing a shotgun. "How are you doing Paul?" Lady greeted looking at the cases that had hand guns on display. Paul raised a brow and nodded towards you. "You got a snowflake witcha? What's your name, hon?" You tried to smile back. "My name is (Y/n). Nice to meet you!" He threw his head back and laughed. "No reason to be so formal! Nice to meetcha too!" He then put his hand up and whispered to Trish. "You sure? But she's so tiny!" Your eyebrow twitched. "I can fucking hear you.." You grumbled, causing him to jump. First Dante and now this guy! What is it with people underestimating you!? "HAHAHA!! She's got spunk! Alrighty then, snowflake! Lets head back! I got something special for you anyway!"

~~~~

You looked inside the box in awe at the (Fav. Color) handgun. "This is a 9mm! Perfect for beginners!! Your friends decided to get custom fer ya!" Paul laughed at your facial expression as you turn to the women. "What!? But I don't have any money to give you!" Trish patted your head as Lady put her hands on her hips. "Don't worry about it. That's what friends are for right?"  Hugging them both, you then look back into the box. Slowly, you picked up the handgun, a rush of adrenaline suddenly goes up and down your spine. Paul puts on headphones and safety goggles on you. "I see the rush! Go ahead an' try it!" You turn and lifted your arms, face in concentration as you aimed at the paper target. Pulling the trigger, makes a breath escape you as you completely missed and shot the ceiling. The lights suddenly flicker and went off. "Wow.. She shot the main power.." Trish giggled as Lady put her hand on her face. You sulk further in embarrassment as Paul cackled away. "Well look at it this way, snowflake! This ain't the first time!" Lady punched his shoulder. "Why'd you put it up there in the first place!?" It was your turn to laugh at his reply.

"Poor building design!"

~~~~

Dante was breathless as he continued to laugh, causing you to squeeze a couch pillow tighter. "Are you done!?" You shout as Dante wiped his eyes. "OK, OK I'm done!" You groaned at his face filled with amusement. You can tell from the corner of your eye that Vergils hand was on his mouth hiding a grin. "It was an accident, but (Y/n) got better and better at hitting the target after we fixed the lights." Trish said as she drank some lemonade you made for everyone. 'Is she trying to make me feel better?' You sighed and looked at the two ladies. They are so cool.. But you..? You blinked at a pat on your head from Trish. "I know what you're thinking. You're cool in your own way you know!" Lady flips a page of her book as  went to sit next to you. "She's right. I don't know anyone else can handle not one but TWO pain in the ass demon brothers." Vergil rolled his eyes scoffing as Dante gave her the bird. "Plus you have your own unique personality, have confidence in yourself." You did your best to hold back your tearing as you hugged Lady. "Still though, how can you blow up the whole power grid?" Dante hides his laughter. You quickly stood up and put your hand your gun hoister.  "Oooh, its so scary its sexy babe!!" He puts his hand up in defeat as you pulled out your gun. "Refresh my memory Lady, but shooting Dante doesn't kill him right!?" Vergil crossed his arms blankly facing a surprised Dante

"Maybe you should use Dante as target practice, (Y/n).."

Thanks for Reading!