Widow, Hawk, Cap, Iron, and Thunder

Ages and heights in the pictures hold no relevance to the story. This is just about how I think they'd look.

Natasha Romanoff was little when she was training in the Red Room. She finished her training early, but SHIELD bust her out before they could commence with their operation. Ever since, the 15 year old had been living with SHIELD and was a member of a program they where starting called the Avengers program.

Her partner, on actual missions and training simulations, was an 80% deaf, 15 year old, former circus boy named Clinton "Clint" Barton. Clint had what was called "accuracy enhancement", which meant he could hit any target, even if he wasn't looking at it. He used to be a knife thrower, but his hearing impediment made it hard for him to stay. So SHIELD took him in and paired him with Natasha.

Steve Rogers had been drafted into the army at 18. When taking the serum that turned him into a super soldier, something went wrong. The serum worked, but it made him sick. He had to take a pill and the army couldn't have people with handicaps in their ranks. SHIELD found him and set him up with the Avengers.

Tony Stark had an accident when he was younger, so he had some metal in his chest that desperately tried to make his heart stop. He had a medical problem, so doctor did what doctors do. They fixed it. Now the object in his chest that protects his heart, also protects his body. 18 year old, Tony Stark became Iron Man. SHIELD found him right of the bat. It was hard to ignore the burns in the billboards saying "Iron Man was here."

Thor was... a special case. His father had sent him to Earth to... train per-say. He needed experience in a lower status. So Odin called up Fury, and asked him to make sure Thor for the training he needed, and experience with a lower standing field. He was "drafted" to the Avengers Program at 17, only going if Loki (his younger by two years) came with him.

The five of them where the first Avengers. More soon followed. 14 year old Daniel "Danny" Rand, Lucas "Luke" Cage (17), Ava Ayala(17), Peter Parker (16), Sam Alexander (15), T'Challa (19) Bucky Barns (18), Pietro and Wanda Maximoff (both 17), and so many other, but those 5 that started it all where the honorary members.

The Widow, the Hawk, the Cap, the Iron, and the Thunder.