Barton Strays (A/B/O A/U)

It started as a joke. They'd all mess around with Claire about her Omega instinct to protect and nurture pushing her to take "strays" back to SHIELD to keep them safe.

Nathanial Romanoff was the first. They'd met on the ginger's last assignment for the Red Room and Claire had gone into heat. After finding out they where SoulMates and Nathan ensuring Claire's permission, they'd Mated and began courting. Nathan never teased her, he simply stated facts. Claire often agreed with him.

The facts where: Claire was an Omega. Omega's primary functions where caretakers. They kept the family safe and together. When Claire felt a strong enough connection to someone and they where in danger, she got them out. Simple as that.

Pietro and Wanda Maximoff where next. Claire officially met them for the first time in the field when Wanda tried to take over her mind. Claire's time with Loki had helped her build mental walls. She knew when someone was trying to take over her mind. The connection between them was strong, but Claire had Nathan to focus on right then and she wasn't going to abandon her Alpha for an Alpha/Omega pair he'd just met.

Never the less, when they joined up with the Avengers (after the Ultron fiasco) and Pietro recovered, Claire happily took them under her figurative wings even if they where two years older.

The third was James "Bucky" Barnes. They found him in the ice after Captain America (or Steve Rogers (Toni's boyfriend's and Alpha)) was found. He thawed after a while and the first thing he did was lay into Steve. Claire and Toni where ready to jump in between the Alphas. Steve clearly needed help, but Rhodey held Toni (short for Antonia) back by her forearms, the Beta warning her not to get involved, and it only took a hand to her shoulder to get Claire to back down, but only if that hand belonged to Nathan (which it did).

After Bucky was done telling Steve off and meeting Toni and Sam (short for Samantha and an Omega) Wilson and the rest of the team, Claire showed him around the tower. She was very happy about taking in someone else too. Proud to be the one they came to. Happy to show them the "better" life.

It was only supposed to be a joke. But then Claire got t-shirts for them. They wore them everywhere when they weren't on missions and that made Claire proud.

The Barton Strays where loyal and nothing tore them apart.