Abused (A/B/O A/U)

This comes from my headcannon that Fitz was once in an abusive relationship and Simmons got him out of it.

Fitz whimpered as another blow fell somewhere on his body. He was in so much pain, he didn't even know where it originated from. He knew he'd sustained a few bruises and cuts because of his attacker's rings, but that was it.

"Next time, before you think about talking back, remember that without me, you'd be nothing." Snarled a female voice.

"Yes, ma'am, I'm sorry." Fitz replied as steadily as he could, pronouncing around the accent that would usually earn him a few more hits.

"Good boy." The voice purred, mockingly patting reddish-blond curls, then footsteps departed towards the door. "Clean this up, Leopold, and don't forget to gather the trash." Then the door slammed shut and Fitz let the tears fall.

He cried so hard that his throat burned from holding back his sobs and he didn't hear the door open again or the soft padding of feet coming towards him.

When a gentle hand touched his shoulder, Fitz flinched back, scrambling to a corner with his face buried in his hands. "No, please. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me again." He begged.

"Oh, Leo." Sighed a sympathetic, gentle female voice.

Fitz scented the air hesitantly. No cigarettes or alcohol, no smoke trail or wine. It was lilies, lavender, juniper leaves. Jemma.

He slowly looked up, peaking out from behind pale arms. Brunette waves and warm chestnut eyes rather than dyed bronze and lifeless silver. Soft features and Caucasian skin instead of pinched looks and African ethnicity.

"Jemma." Fitz breathed, throwing his arms around the Alpha's neck. "Jemma."

Jemma put her arms around Leo's back, holding him tightly. "Leo. Leo, are you okay?" She asked, rubbing his back gently in case of injuries she couldn't sense.

"I am now." Leo replied, closing his eyes and pushing his nose into her neck.

~~AoS~~

Jemma cut off the thread on Leo's stitching. "And that's the last one." She sighed, putting the first aid kit away and cleaning off the blood in the sink.

"Thank you." Leo whispered, eyes flickering up to meet hers, then moving back down to the floor.

"Leo. You shouldn't stay with her. She isn't good for you." Jemma tried, laying a hand on Leo's shoulder.

"No. No, she-... she loves me. She does." Leo replied, looking up at Jemma, but not quite in the eyes.

"Who are you trying to convince, Leo? Me? Or yourself?" Jemma asked, cocking her head.

Leo's eyes welled up again, tears spilling down his face. "Jemma. Jemma, please." He begged.

Jemma drawled him in again, hugging him tightly. "I'm here Leo. I'm here, I won't leave." She promised. "Just tell me what you need."

~~AoS~~

Three hours later, when the door slammed open and an African American Alpha female walked in with an angry look on her face and a snarl on her lips, Leo was asleep in his bed and Jemma was sitting on the couch.

The Alpha, Nancy Flynn, growled. "Who are you?" She snapped.

"I'm Jemma, Fitz's friend, and I don't like how you've been treating him. So, before I loose my control and rip you apart, you'd better gather your things and leave." Jemma replied, a growl in her voice, malice in her eyes, but her face calm.