Possession

AU: Alpha/Beta/Omega

Jemma wouldn't consider herself a possessive person.

Sure, she was Alpha and she was Bonded to her SoulMate, but she was hardly possessive and if she where, she was sure her Mate would tell her to back off

Yes, Jemma would admit to being protective and at times, somewhat controlling (when the situation called for it and always with Leo's enthusiastic consent), but no, Jemma wasn't possessive.

Or at least, that's what she told herself as she watched the "bad guy of the week" tighten his hold of her Mate of several years, Leopold Fitz.

His fangs where bared and coming far too close to Leo's neck for Jemma's liking. He was threatening her, trying to get Jemma to back off.

It was currently working, because she wasn't moving until she felt it was safe to do so.

"You're going to back off and let me take him until I get outside. Then I'll let him go and leave. I won't hurt him, I won't touch him," the man said, and his teeth scraped Leo's neck.

Jemma swallowed down the growl threatening to bubble up again. "I'll be watching," she snarled.

The man backed away, with Leo being dragged along with him.

The smaller teen whimpered, "Jemma?" he asked and her heart fractured just a bit.

It's alright, hush now, I'll get you out of this, okay? You're going to be fine. Jemma reassured him.

When he was just out the door, the man started to let go, then smirked and the world suddenly went into slow motion.

Jemma tried to get to him, to get to Leo, but her legs wouldn't move fast enough and the man's teeth sunk into Leo's neck regardless.

She watched helplessly as Leo's eyes widened. As what had just happened sunk in.

He lifted his hand to his neck as the man let go and touched the bleeding wound.

"J-Jemma?" he asked, looking at her with wide blue eyes.

Jemma was frozen, could only watch as Leo took three shaky steps forward, then collapsed in a shaking mess as his brain tried to process what had just happened.

The world was suddenly righted and time went normally as Jemma's brain turned to anger rather than shock.

"You lied," was all she said.

The man stood perfectly still, likely still reeling from Jemma's red-eyed glare.

"You lied to me. That I can take." Jemma's eyes grew harder, colder. "But you lied to Leo by promising not to hurt him. Then you did."

Jemma moved faster than she'd ever moved in her life, she cuffed the man with her home-made cuffs and knocked him unconscious.

Leo whined sharply and a fuzzy, faint whimper of Jemma's name came down the Bond.

His voice was cutting in and out as if the frequency was changing.

Jemma supposed it was because Leo had been Bonded all over again, forcibly and unwilling.

His body was trying to comprehend what had happened, his mind was rejecting both Bonds as a result, and his Headspace was so confused he didn't know what to do.

Lucky Jemma had studied similar situations and had a vague idea of what to do.

She knelt down and gently pulled her hurting Omega into her arms. "Shh," she hushed him softly.