Hummingbird

When they where finally allowed to see each other after the experiments, Wanda sensed the panic and hurting in her brother's mind right away.

She is immediately by his side when it reaches her mind. She is right next to him with concern making her mind run faster than it had in a while. He still blurs at the edge of his body as he cries out and struggles against the floor, arching off of the cold tiles with pain in his voice.

Her scarlet reacts to his pain before she can stop it.

Bloody red wisps fall from her finger tips, slipping off the chains she cannot keep them on.

One grows longer and slips into Pietro's mind without her knowledge and she gasps as she is introduced to a whole new world.

She closes her eyes to get a better reading of what has hurt her brother and finds his thoughts racing. Everything was blue and grey and white.

Everything moved too fast and too slow all at the same time and the backlashed it caused gave the poor child a headache.

His pulse beat faster and faster with each passing moment.

Wanda moves through the backlash with movement akin to grace, twisting through the whirlwind her brother's mind had become until she had reached the center.

In the center, she found a tree growing, being battered by the wind and harmed by the dust.

Wanda became annoyed with the whirlwind and let her scarlet fly.

It latched around the wind, wrapping around the base of the tree, and harnessing what couldn't be harnessed.

The chains solidified and glowed briefly before cooling and the wind slowed.

Pietro? Wanda asked.

Warmth crashed into her being. Thank you. he whispered.

Overtime, more chains where added, the occasional release and he never wanted to feel what it was to be without the chains that kept him from burning out.

He learns of the burning heat that comes from inside of him and he continuously drinks bottle after bottle of freezing cold water and he learns to hate the burn inside, but he cannot hate the speed the burning creates so he deals with it.

The tree grows faster now and small glass birds grow among the wood. On one of the many trips Wanda takes into Pietro's quiet mind, she looks closer at the delicate figurines and sees that they are hummingbirds.

She thinks that this describes him perfectly. Beautiful and fast, playful and a warrior, but the glass indicates fragile and breakable.

She thinks back to a darker time when they didn't understand. She remembers a time when her brother still screams in pain and she couldn't help him. She remembers a time of pain and hurt and she can't help but think that the glass hummingbird suits her brother perfectly.

Wanda also thanks who ever is up above listening that her brother doesn't question it when she begins using kolibrík as a team of endearment.