Mercy

AU: Peter Parker/Stark, Alpha/Beta/Omega

Team: Avengers

Peter Parker was something of a wunderkind.

He spoke three different languages (English, Spanish, and Russian(1)), was 15 as a Junior in highschool (really should've been out of school already), and had a 4.0 GPA no matter how many classes he missed due to missions and attacks on the school.

He balanced his school and life with being a superhero and Tony swore that one day, the kid would get himself killed doing his job.

Tony had promised Peter that he would protect the poor kid.

And Tony had just gotten him killed.

"Dad? I don't feel so good."

Tony had reassured him, figuring the poor kid was just queasy after witnessing everyone around them turn to dust.

Then he saw it. Peter was on his way to turning to dust too.

"Dad, I don't want to go."

Peter stumbled, trying to get to Mr. Stark because Tony had promised, Tony promised that Peter would be safe with him.

Always.

"I don't know what's happening. I don't-"

Tony caught Peter as he began to cry. Peter had tightened his hold on Tony and Tony hugged the poor kid close and prayed to a God he didn't believe in that Peter wouldn't be taken from him.

"I don't want to go, Daddy. Please, please, don't make me go."

Peter pleaded and Tony had whispered he was sorry, he wanted Peter to stay, Peter I'll fix this, Peter don't be afraid, it's gonna be okay, Peter it's gonna be okay.

"Daddy, please."

Peter whimpered, he begged, he pleaded, he didn't want to go.

Tony didn't want him too. Tony tried so hard to keep the kid out of this life. Now he'd give anything for the kid to stay.

"I'm sorry."

Peter dissolved and Tony sat on his ass, he couldn't believe what had just happened. He looked down and saw Peter's locket. The one Peter never took off.

Tony didn't have want to believe it.

Tony wanted to believe none of this was real, that it was just another one of his nightmares that he would wake up from to find Peter safe and sound.

Tony wanted to believe that Peter hadn't just dissolved, that it hadn't been real, that he was going to wake up any second and find that the kid was in the lab, that he'd fallen asleep working on another update to his suit.

Tony wanted to believe Peter was fine.

But he wasn't.

And Tony was going to kill Thantos for taking Peter from him.

~I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS~