Guilt (A/B/O A/U)

Before we start, I'd like to say that this version of the Fantastic Four is not the latest movie. It's the 2005 movie (being the only one I could find) and that, until further notice, will be the one I'm using.

Benjamin Grimm was a really stupid man. It wasn't because he wasn't smart or he had a mental illness that made him a bit slow.

He was an idiot for making Reed Richards, his best friend, feel even more guilty about the whole damned thing than she already did.

He should've known that Reed wasn't slacking off. He should've known that she wasn't just "hanging out" with Susan Storm. But no, he'd gotten so pissed off, he'd cussed Reed out for being forced to take. A. Fucking. Break.

Reed hadn't done anything wrong. She'd calculated the variables, she'd run the numbers, she even tested the damned thing on her-fucking-self!

He should've known that's what the younger would do.

She was a perfectionist. She had to get everything right. It had to be perfect. And she wouldn't stop until it was.

She'd fall asleep on her keyboard, buried up to her neck in paperwork, and it was always early morning before she'd even consider going to bed.

When he'd walked out, telling her that he wasn't watching her back anymore, Reed's guilt had pushed her into testing the device on herself. It had nearly killed her.

And he had walked out.

He was stupid enough to believe Victor Von Doom over the very reason he got up in the morning.

And to make matters worse, Reed had gotten kidnapped and fucking frozen because he'd believed that sadistic jackass.

God he was so stupid.

He spent the next week afterwards making up to her.

His Omega needed to relearn that she was most important to him.

It was only then he would allow his consideration of easing his guilt.