Brother

Alternatively called "Stutter"

It wasn't common knowledge and Loki didn't flaunt it.

He absolutely hated this about himself.

He spent hours perfecting speech to avoid it and yet whenever he got nervous or upset, he couldn't seem to stop it.

Thor understood that it was because Loki spoke more in Norse than anything else. If he wasn't speaking in English, then he was using his spells or speaking Norse.

Thor was always the first one in line to comfort his brother should the need arise. Not even Darcy had that right.

Thor was the one Loki went to after a hard battle or bad day.

So it made perfect sense that when Loki was nervous, like now for instance when he was facing down a villain that rendered his tricks and games inert, he would turn to Thor for his source of comfort.

The Hulk (Bethany Banner) stood before the trickster, Steve to his right, Claire and Nathan to his left, and Thor and Toni up in the air.

None of them knew how the Mage had gotten into the tower, but she had and they where all prepared to fight her off.

The only problem was the fact that she'd used mind control to get Coulson, May, and Ward on her side and the Avengers where fighting them as well as her.

"Loki, we need a Smoke Screen." Steve ordered.

"I... I-I-I... I c-can't." Loki was nervous, though he didn't show it, and the more nervous he got the worse the breaks became.

He didn't even have it in him to be frustrated with his speech.

"Why can't you?" Steve took it in stride, he'd met men who came back from the war stuttering and speaking half sentences because of what they'd seen.

"Sh-sh-she'll see r-r-right through i-i-i-it." Loki stammered, getting extremely frustrated.

"Deep breaths, brother." Thor muttered, voice so low the ebony prince almost missed it, but he glanced up briefly with a barely seen nod.

Toni growled low. "So, let's recap. This Mage bitch came from Asgard and took control of Coulson, May, and Ward. And there's nothing we can do to stop the damned fucker?" She yelled through the Comms.

"Language, Toni," Steve chided by habit, but he nodded, "but yeah, that's about right."

"You all will fall. Why not let me go." The Mage smiled prettily, looking innocent and meek.

"Don't fall for it, guys. That's just what she wants." Fitz's voice came over the Comms. FitzSimmons still weren't cleared for combat, so they where in the tower monitoring everything on the computers. "That's how she got Ward."

Loki cocked an eyebrow. "Then how'd she get Coulson and May?" He asked.

"Her approach was much more... Violent." Simmons replied.

"She hit Coulson over the head with something and somehow managed to catch May off guard." Fitz explained.

"Mother of God." Toni murmured. May was impossible to catch off guard.

"Thor, hit high." Steve called. "Toni we need a look out, take Hawk and Widow up to that building." He pointed to the tallest building. Toni blasted over to Claire and grabbed the back of her uniform.

"Clinch up Merida." She teased, taking the blonde to the top of the building.

Nathan threw a claw at Toni's ankle and swung up there himself. No one took Black Window anywhere without his say-so.