Heat (A/B/O A/U)

Leopold Fitz was not easy to read. His entire being was made up of complex thoughts and feelings. From a young age, his parents knew he'd be Omega, he was just so shy and quiet and preferred books and quantum physics rather than sports and balls.

Jemma Simmons was nearly translucent when it came to reading her. She was a born Alpha, just not a traditional one. She ran track, but it was the lab where she spent most of her time. Though she loved running and all the track meets, she found herself drawn to the allure of mystery from chemistry and biology.

Leopold was hesitant and cautious with everything he did. Jemma often dove in headfirst the second safety was secured. Fitz found himself attracted to people who could pin him to the ground. Simmons sought after submissives that she held power over.

When they met, they had a natural chemistry. They ran circles around a harsh bully who locked them in a closet for 24 hours. They mirrored movements to a T and there was no doubt that they out paced everyone they met who thought that s/he was smarter and tried to prove it.

Fitz's first heat was absolute murder. Simmons' first rut was the same. Their first time together though.

Fitz whimpered as a fresh wave of pain flooded his body and he gripped the sheets beneath him. This was just pre-Heat. The real deal would come soon and his Alpha handler was on a mission. Perfect. This was nearly the worst day of his life, short of the day his father left him and his Mum all on their own.

Footsteps. He instinctively scented the air. He knew that scent. Lilies, lavender, juniper leaves, with just a tad bit of perfume to top it off. Jemma was close. Leo whined.

Jemma knocked on the door. "Fitz?" She asked softly, as if he had a migraine and wasn't about to go into Heat. "Fitzy?" She drew out the vowel in his name, she only did that when she knew he was hurting.

The twelve year old was very comforted by the fact that it was Jemma in the room and not some other knot-head that would only use him.

"I-I'm here, J-Jemma." He called back, voice strained as he fought the urge to beg at her feet and make her mark him.

"Aw, poor Fitz. Are you feeling okay? I heard you'd caught something from the Labs." Then she caught of whiff of his scent.

It was cherries and honey, the smell of cinnamon. She loved the smells but as intoxicating as they where, she pushed her desire aside. "Oh, I see. You've gone into Heat."

Fitz nodded with another whimper, hands curling tighter into the sheets.

"Would you like me to stay with you? Or can you handle it on your own? You'll have to forgive me, I was never educated on how to handle Omegas." She smiled, fighting against her desire to take him there and now.

"This is just pre-Heat, Jemma. Omegas aren't able to take care of themselves in full-Heat. I won't remember anything after this and my handler is off on a mission. I hate to ask, Jemma, but I know you're Alpha and I'm desperate. Would you mind taking care of me?" Fitz shuddered, his clothes felt restricting and heavy on his skin. God, he hated that feeling.

"I won't take advantage of you, Fitz. You're not lucid." Jemma replied, looking shocked.

"M-my mother's n-name was Karen. My f-father's name i-is Alistar. I'm t-twelve years old. Please, y-you don't h-have-Ah!" He moaned softly, breathing going ragged and heavy.

Jemma looked at him with a look akin to sympathy. Her Ruts often got this bad.

So she gently sat on the bed and pried his hand from the sheets and replaced them with her hand. The pain lessened and Fitz breathing evened out.

"I'm close to full-Heat, Jemma, I can feel it coming. Please?" He begged, crystal blue eyes wide and pleading.

Jemma sighed, then squeezed his hand reassuringly. "I won't mate you and I won't Mark you, but I will take care of you." She leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead (and even that tender touch made him whine just a bit). "I promise."

His smile was the only thing that told her Fitz had heard before his pupils dilated until there was no color in his eyes at all. She already missed those big blue eyes.

When he woke, there wasn't the usual hollow feeling that followed his Heats. Jemma was still sleeping next to him in the bed and both where fully clothed in the same clothes they where wearing when his Heat had taken control. There wasn't a single thing out of place or evidence of his clothes being taken off.

He knew immediately that this was the Alpha he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Now, after finding out that Skye had been lying to them, and with his Heat just two days away, he was trying to keep a level head so that his Heat wouldn't come early. Fitz was failing miserably.

He had to find Jemma.

"Leo." she smiled as he approached, then the space between her brows creased. "You're early." She murmured softly, putting down her tools and slowly walking over. It was an old Alpha's trick, to slowly approach an Omega coiled tighter than a spring, and with his Heat approaching fast, that's exactly how Leo felt.

She reached out her hand and hovered it over Leo's shoulder. He didn't react. When she went a bit farther, the blonde relaxed into Jemma's touch and sighed, eyes sliding closed.

Blue eyes met brown when Leo opened his eyes again and the blonde allowed Jemma's scent to calm him.

She pulled him into a hug because if anyone knew Leo, it was Jemma, and he definitely needed a hug.

Tears brimmed in his eyes and spilled over onto pale cheeks. "She betrayed us." he whispered, burying his face in her neck, nose against her collar bone where the scent would be strongest.

"I know." Jemma replied gently, rubbing his back. She nosed the mark on his neck that told every one that this tiny Omega was hers and the shudder that followed told her it had triggered the intended effect.

Some Omegas wore collars so the bonding was more shown off. Others just left it at the Mark because they didn't like the feeling. Jemma had always told Leo that she'd be fine with him doing as he pleased. She'd bought him a collar upon his request, but he didn't make it a point to wear it. He'd always been happy with the pattern in Jemma's bite mark that adorned his neck.

This pleased Jemma and followed SHIELD protocol.

"Why'd she do that?" Leo asked, keeping his nose filled with Jemma's scent to stave off the Heat until he got his answers.

"Inconclusive data." Jemma sighed. "How long?" She asked.

"Soon." He shivered when Jemma pressed in on a sensitive region of his back. Jemma smiled. She knew him inside and out. This was a cake walk.

"I know what you're doing." He mumbled. "It's working."

Jemma laughed. "The lab?" she asked, pressing in on that sensitive region again just to get that shiver she loved.

Leo moaned and Jemma took that to mean it was up to her.

She pressed a kiss to his forehead as she pulled back. "Come." she whispered against his skin.

He followed her, because he trusts her and he follows where she leads.

The next six days are him whining and begging and being knotted by the Alpha he loved more than anything on the planet.

Jemma Simmons and Leopold Fitz where different as night and day.

They shouldn't work, but they did.

And that's just how they fit together.

That's just how it worked with them.

They loved each other.

And that's how it would stay.