Brothers

Team: Agents of SHIELD

AU: Alpha/Beta/Omega, Inhuman Academy(1)

Follows Fight.

Phil Coulson (Iron Soldier): Superhuman endurance

Melinda May (Living Weapon): Weapon Creation

Alphonso MacKenzie (Ten Ton): Superhuman Strength and Senses

Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriquez (Sling-Shot): Super Speed (slingshot restriction)

Barbara Morse (Siren): Sonic Scream

Lincoln Campbell (Sparkplug): Electricity Control

Lance Hunter (Mimic): Metamorphoses

Daisy Johnson (Quake): Seismic powers that can create earthquakes and destruction

Jemma Simmons (Chemical): Biological Manipulation

Leopold Fitz (Vix): Animal Mimicry

Grant Ward knew very damn well what he was doing when he asked Fitz how he was. He'd known he was risking his safety, but he figured he'd be fine.

At least, if the way that one guy, Hunter, had calmed Fitz with a single touch was any indication, he would.

It was hard to get a read off that guy, he'd swallowed a 24-hour Designation Sterilizer(2) before Ward had gotten on the plane, so Ward had no clue what his designation was or how to manipulate him if the situation called for it.

But, maybe that was why he'd taken the little red pill. So Ward couldn't use his biology against him. If so, smart kid.

Ward didn't miss the silent conversation that passed between Hunter and Coulson, nor the way Fitz kept a hand on the gun at his hip; like Fitz actually needed a gun with those Inhuman powers of his.

He didn't miss the way Fitz's leg kept a steady beat to a song it seemed only he could hear.

Fitz had always been a nervous kid, as long as Ward could remember, but it seemed the hypoxia had made it worse. Or maybe it was just being in the same room as the person who'd attacked you.

Ward couldn't scent a bit of Omega on Fitz, so he knew that Fitz must have taken the same red pill Hunter had. This would make it more difficult to manipulate Fitz, but not impossible.

Ward pretended not to notice the way Hunter gently settled his hand, not on Fitz's leg to still the nervous tapping like Ward had thought, but rather on Fitz's fingers where they rested on the cool metal on his hip.

Fitz released the gun and brought his hands to clasp together in front of him instead, breathing out a long sigh that released none of the tension built up in his shoulders.

Hunter watched him worriedly.

Grant wondered if this man was Alpha and Fitz's new BondMate.

Then he dismissed that idea. Fitz had only ever had eyes for Jemma and this guy didn't seem like a lover.

So, Ward spoke up, asking Fitz how he'd been.

He saw Hunter open his mouth, but was then forced to focus all his attention at the angry bull horns suddenly heading right for him.

Hunter was up on his feet in seconds, using speed Ward didn't know he had to get right there in front of Fitz and grab his middle to haul him away.

"Hunter?" Coulson asked, not looking up from the file he was reading, and Ward couldn't help but wonder if Coulson even cared he'd nearly been killed. Probably not.