NO 2- Finding A way

When I got home my father had gone to work, to my surprise his still has his job, they don't exactly know about how abusive he is or that his a drug addict and alcoholic. I enter the front door seeing beer bottles smashed everywhere, photo frames on the ground and the coffee table flipped over.

I step over the glass picking the photo frames up. I look at the photo in my hands, its a picture of my mother and I hugging and laughing. I remember this photo because it was at her sisters place on my birthday. 

We were happy for a day but things changed when we came home. Over the years mum stopped caring about me but my father never cared about me and I always knew it.

I place the photo back on the wall and head into the kitchen seeing more bottle smashed on the floor. I look around seeing my mum at the table staring at a cup of coffee. She finally noticed my presence and Smiled. "Hey darling" I rolled my eyes.

"Hi" I whisper, hopefully she's not gonna lash out at me like last time we were alone. She stands up and walks over to me, making me tense up. She wraps her skinny arms around me for a hug that I don't return. She notices me tensing me and looks me in the eye.

"What happen to you Keegan, you used to love hugs" She snaps. Here we go. "I stopped loving them when hugs turned into punches and kicks mother" I growl getting angry with her. Her expression becomes sad. "But you forgive me right" she pleads. 

"Yeah I'll forgive you when It starts raining cats and dogs" I roll my eyes and move towards the stair case.

In the corner of my eye I see my mother about the give me a back hand to the back of my head. I spin around and catch her hand before it touches me.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you mother" I hiss with venom lacing my voice. Her expression turns into a frighten one. She's never seen me angry before and neither have I but she deserves it.

 I drop her hand and head up stairs, not planing on coming back down for the night.

I slammed my door shut and drop my bag beside my bed after locking my door. I rubbed my face in frustration. "I need to get out of here" I mumbled sadly to myself. I cant live here no more. I Grab my laptop from my bag and sit on my bed waiting for it to load. 

The first thing I do is check the website for the college I want to go to. I checked my email from them, seeing if I actually got in or not.

I read through the email. I got in. Holy shit I actually got in. "FUCK YES" I yell Excitedly to myself.

I scanned through the entry dates, seeing how early I can check in. Earliest Is 23rd January. Wait thats in 2 days. I grin from ear to ear. Maybe I can get out of here. I check my bank account seeing I have $2,500 in there. 

My parents didn't know I've had a job for about 3 months now so I've been saving for this day.

I jump up from my bed and grab my black bag so I can start packing because when the time comes Im out of here. I shove most of my clothes, books, toothbrush and what not into my bag. Lastly I placed a photo of me and my only friend I had into the bag.

The photo was of me and this girl named Haley, we were best friends. We knew everything about each other but I lost her 2 years ago, she took her own life. She wrote me a note before her death explaining that she didn't want to continue living in a world like this, honestly I didn't blame her. 

I often thought about killing myself after too because I had no one left.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the front door slam shut. Farther is home. I finished packing and shoved the bag into my closet so they wouldn't suspect anything. I sat back on my bed grabbing my book from my bed side table.

 I started reading the text getting lost into the book, helping me ignore the shouts that had started again down stairs.