No 4-Getting to know each other

Keegan's POV

Alex seemed very laid back and like he doesn't have a care in the world. I wish I was like that. Today has been the first day in years were my father hasn't laid a hand on me and honestly It felt weird not having to worry about going down stairs or sit in my room and wait for the heavy foot steps to appear behind my door before getting a belting.

I could never do anything at home with out being scared of being attack for literally nothing. But here it feels like I'm never going to be hurt or tortured. For once I feel...safe.

I still feel a little nervous about living with Alex though. You see his a jock, the athletic of the school. 

Plus apparently he's the player of the school today oh and he's as straight as ruler, well thats what I've heard, I may be wrong. He may be friendly now but that doesn't mean he's always going to be.

"So Keegan, tell me about yourself, since were going to be living together we might as well know each other a little bit" Alex appears from the bathroom again, what does he do in there. He sat on his bed meeting my gaze.

I put my book I was reading beside me and sit up slightly. "Uh well theres not much to tell really" I say quietly, he doesn't need to know anything about the past. 

"Oh come on, whats your hobbies, passions, fears anything" He presses, he really wants an answer.

I think for a moment before speaking. "Uh well I enjoy reading and walking I guess. I'm uh here for Biomedical science and I fear over crowed spaces" I give him a couple of examples, hoping that made him happy.

"Biomedical science, You must be a nerd, you'd look like it more if you had glasses" He grins cheekily. I couldn't help fight the urge to smile but I failed. 

"Uh well I do, I'm wearing contacts" I reach into my grab pulling my glasses out and waving them. He chuckles.

"Put them on" He asks softly. I thought about it for a moment, I used to be bullied a lot for wearing glasses but maybe he might be different.

 I lifted my hand up to my eyes and lifted to contacts from my eyes, I look over to see Alex cringing. I give him a curious look while raising my eyebrow.

"Thats so gross" He exclaims. Cute. I put my contacts in their container and slipped my glasses on my nose before pushing them up. 

They weren't anything fancy, just plain black frames. I look up to see Alex giving me an unreadable expression before smiling.

"Keep them on, you look better with them on" He grins before standing up and heading into the kitchen. I went red from him comment, I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans before going back to the book.

When he came back he had a his phone in his hand and a menu in the other. He threw the menu at me which I luckily caught just in time. I gave him a questionable look. 

"Choose something for dinner" He answered before starting to talk to someone on the phone.

"Hi yes, Can I please have the number 7 please and-" He looked over and I panicked I didn't decide yet. "Uh 2 please" I quickly blurted out. 

"And the number 2 thanks, Okay thanks bye" He hung up and jumped on his bed. I look down at the menu realising I order fried rice and chicken, Meh its better than I usual eat back at home.

"Y-you didn't have to buy me food" I say quietly. "Its my pleasure plus you need some meat on your bones dude, you're a stick" He chuckles throwing me a wink. 

"Uh thanks I think." I readjust my glasses before going back to my book.

When dinner finally came we ate in silence while He watch TV, I search aimlessly on my laptop not doing anything to entertaining. 

Every once and awhile I would sneak a look at Alex. He was laying on his back, his shirt was lifting up in the slightest way revealing a toned v and tanned skin.

Alex was tanned compared to me, since I'm as pale as milk. It didn't bother me being pale, it just meant the bruises would appear darker and more noticeable to people.

"Hey Keegan are you okay" I quickly snapped at of my dazed and looked over to him.

"uh yeah why?" I replied softly. "You were just staring and Look I don't know sad" He asked with concerned lacing his voice. 

"Yeah I'm good just thinking I guess" I went back to eating. Alex just nodded and continued watching the dark knight rises.

Alex's POV

Since It was the first night of us being in the same dorm room I thought I'd be nice and order us food because Im a gentle men plus that kid needs food, he is way to skinny. 

After Our food Came We ate in silence while He was reading and I was watching The dark Knight Rises. every once in a while I would look at Keegan noticing he look sad.

At one point he was just staring at literally nothing. I had to ask him whats wrong.

"Hey Keegan are you okay" I asked him softly. He looked over to me looking dazed.

"Uh yeah why" He reply softly almost like a whisper. "You were just staring and look I don't know sad" I asked with pure concern. 

"Yeah I'm good just thinking I guess" He answered sadly and went back to eating his meal. I nodded not pressing further and continued watching my movie.

A couple of hours passed and I heard light snores coming from the other side of the room.

 I look over to see Keegan curled up in a ball with his book still glued to his hand and his glasses were still on. He looked adorable with his glasses on.

I got up from my bed and headed over to Keegan. I removed the book from his grip and placed it on the bed side table. 

I didn't want to wake him so I carefully removed his glasses which caused him to stir in his sleep but he just turned over.

 I smiled down at the small boy and headed back over to my bed and turned the lights of.

"Night Keegs" I whispered softly