You See Your Ex (Josh)

Trigger Warning:*mentions death of a former boyfriend*

I open the car door and look around at the cemetery, Josh walks over to me and says "You okay?" I nod my head slightly, this never gets any easier, I'll always care, and I'll always miss him, just not the same as I used to. We walk down the rows of headstones and I search for the familiar name, I finally find the one I was looking for. It still looks exactly as I remember it, I place flowers by the headstone and squeeze tightly on josh's hand. I still remember the day it happened, I had just gotten home from work and I heard the phone ring, I walked over and answered it, I heard his mother's voice, she was crying and I was so scared. She said "He's gone y/n, he's gone." I dropped the phone, I was so in shock, at first I didn't want to believe it, I denied everything, but it was real. That was 5 years ago, a lot has happened since then, for one I met Josh and that has completely changed my life, I love him so much. I always thought that things happen for a reason, maybe the reason he died was so that I could meet josh, I'm not really sure, but I have realised that time doesn't heal all wounds, it only makes them more hidden. But having Josh has helped me deal with this a lot better, without him I'd probably be dead too. I turn to Josh and say "Thanks for doing this with me." he turns and hugs me tight "I love you y/n." "I love you too Josh."