9. Evil Sticks

I walk into the living room and see him. 

The man who I wish did not have a title over me. 

I continue to walk towards the door like isn't there.

When I get near the couch, he stands, immediately my guards go up. I hear the calling. The drawing feeling I always get whenever he's near. Instantly I feel calmer. Still, I keep my guards high.

He, my father walk up to me and stand inches away from me. I stand there ready for everything and anything. He walks a little closer, close enough that I can feel his hot stink breath. I take a step back and start to shake. Then, I feel the drawing feeling gets stronger; I turn to face the window and there he is leaning against the tree, watching.

I bring my stare back to my dad. They're tears streaming down his face, and he's mumbling. I take a step closer, and he stops mumbling. He looks at me square in the eye, and I make sure not to break the stare. Tears keep on flowing down his face. He takes a deep breath, and blurt out,

"I'm so sorry,"

"It wasn't me,"

"He made me do it, I swear."

"Please don't call the police. I swear it wasn't me, he made me do it,"

"I tried to tell him that you're my daughter, my own blood. But, he said he was going to kill me, and my family if I didn't do it. I'm so sorry."

He walks away from me saying, he made me do it, he made me do it.

I stood there feeling like a loser.

I don't know what to do, I felt helpless.

I look up and see him still there leaning against the tree more relax now.

A stranger had to save me from my own damn father. I want to scream. The rage inside me is so extreme that I almost tumble over. I see him make a move forward, but I catch myself before anything can happen.

I don't know what to do with myself!

I hear a haunting sound just behind my ears, mix with hot air blowing behind my ear. I see the mysterious guy (MG) makes a move with his guards up. The thing is, he isn't staring at me but at something else. I turn around to see what's he's looking at, but I see nothing. I turn around, he's less tense and is leaning against the tree once more. The whispers go off one more time. I turn around to check but got the same result. I have no idea what it is, and I can care less.

My rage is so high that my urge to hit something is beyond its limit. I realize my backpack is still in my hand. I throw the bag across the room. I walk out of the house slamming the door afterward.

I don't know where I'm going, but I find myself walking north. I'm not in control of my body, once again I don't care. I get halfway down my walk; I feel a hammer pang through my head; like someone hit me hard with a block from behind. I quickly turn around to investigate behind me, but no one's there. I reach behind my head to feel the spot that felt like it got hit to see if there's blood, but there's no blood.

A couple seconds pass, my head begins to pound. I can't focus, I start seeing double. I come across to an intersection, I stop. I press the button that tells the pedestrian when to cross, and I wait. Three individuals wait also. I try my best to look natural, but I can't. A thud feeling fills the of inside my head. I lose my balance, so, I lean on the pole to slow my breaths down.

I start to hear talking and murmuring. My skin starts to feel hot like someone is putting a hot rod on my skin. I lift my left arm sleeve, the MR tattoo on my wrist is hot red, then it starts to glow. I quickly put my arms away to hide it from view.

The voice starts to get louder, but it's not like the day on the bus. This time there's only three voices; A male, and two female. Then the realization hit me. I'm hearing the people's thoughts that are next to me. I try to shut down the voices. I try to ignore the voices, but the voices only get louder. I don't want to hear other peoples' thoughts. I feel like an intruder, but every time I try to ignore it, it only gets louder."I wonder what he is doing right now, " One of the female's voice thought

"I can't wait for the football pep rally, " another female voice thought

"I'm in love, I'm finally in love. I finally found someone who loves me" I didn't catch the voice that thought that because it was only a whisper

"Can I fly? Can I really fly? Ugh, this is crazy" The male voice thought.

Finally, the light says to walk across. I dash away from the pole, putting as much distance away from me and the others. As I hurry across the road, I feel a push. I almost fall, but I catch myself before I can hit the ground.

When I steady myself and is about to put my foot out to proceed walking, a rushing black truck past right in front of me. The force from the truck makes me lose my balance. This time I didn't catch myself, I fall flat on my behind.

I sit in the middle of the street shaking, my inside turning. My companions that were with me by the pole and some others came running towards my direction. The teenage boy that was waiting with me reaches me first. He kneels in front of me and begins asking me if I am okay. He touches my face gently and reaches for my pulse. 

My skin starts to burn, except this time it's my right hand. He touches my arm exactly on the blue spot; yet, he doesn't flinch, nor, move his hands away. It's like he doesn't feel the burning heat that's eating my arms out.

My skin gets hotter and hotter, the pain is unbearable. He starts to say something, but I can't hear him. I feel like I'm underwater; everything's a muffle. I struggle to get to my feet, wobbling side to side as I do. The boy tries to get me to sit down again, but I can't. Something is not letting me.

My skin feels like it's going to peel off from the amount of pain. My brain and thoughts begin to surrender. My vision is blurry, and I can't hear what's around me. I can't stand it anymore. I push the teenage boy and the other people who are holding me back, off, and I push through the small crowd. I run as fast as I can.