31. Horror or relief?

I wake up to a comforting sound.

I want to open my eyes, but the relaxing feeling that's taking over my limbs is not allowing me to do so. I feel slanted, and something covering my upper half of my body, most likely a jacket. The atmosphere of where I am is warm and relaxing. The smell that invades the air is nerve calming, it smells like warm vanilla, which is my favorite. It feels like I'm moving, but the movement is very smooth. In the background is classical old times music, maybe Elvis, which happens to be one of my favorite old-time singers. My brain decides that it's time to wake up and to see if a really nice person hasn't kidnapped me.

I slowly opened my eyes, to see if indeed, a really nice person have not kidnapped me. The first thing I see when I crack my eyes open is a long far stretched road in front of me. The smooth movement I felt is the movement of someone's car riding down an empty road. 

Wait, someone's car riding down an empty road.

I check my wrists to see if there tied, and they're not. 

Then everything hits me.

I came from a party, and I met Cassandra there. During the party, I was harassed by multiple of people, while it was being filmed, and while Cassandra stood there and watched the whole thing go down, and made not a single step to stop it. One of my tattoos lit up, the N tattoos that are made from curvy lines, everyone in the room began to spew as a run out of the room. I was fed up with life, with everything that happened, and I killed myself by jumping into the lake. I died. When in the realm of death, or whatever realm that was, I met this lady. She looked exactly like me, she looked she could be my biological mother. Her touch was so soothing and so relaxing. She kept touching my hair, and with every stroke, I crave for more. She made me feel like I was needed, that I have someone who actually cared for me, and that won't betray me. Her voice sounded so soothing, it was like milk and honey being poured into my ears. Then, she told me that the world needed me and that I have a purpose in this world, telling me that I needed to go back and all that crap. She wanted me to go back into all the pain, misery, and suffering like she didn't care, but the way she put it and made it sound made it seem like she cared. Then, she did something with her hands, I was engulfed by light, and I ended being in a bubble. Then, the next thing I know  I'm back on earth. At the time of my confusion, a random, sexy-looking guy pops in front of me half naked, then everything goes blank, I don't remember anything afterward.

 I can handle this situation two different ways; I can panic, and start kicking and punching, or I can be a mature adult, and demand the answer. I figure if I go with the first one, his stronger than me, most likely faster than me, and a big chance of us both crashing and being together out of nowhere, and that's not the result I want. So, I'll go with the mature idea.

"Who are you? And where are you taking me?" I say calmly without looking at him. 

The car suddenly stops, yet I still look forward, sitting with my back not touching the chair. I can feel him staring at me. Then, he grunts like he's in pain, and the car starts to move. 

"You didn't answer my question, who are you?" 

He keeps huffing and puffing like he is in dangerous pain; I decide that it's not the best moment to be stubborn, and turn to face him. His face and shirt are drenched in sweat; his heaving gets louder by the second; his hands are so tight that around the steering wheel that his knuckles are turning white. The car speeds up tremendously, and he keeps whispering, "it can't be too late." He repeats the same line over and over again as I try to tell him to lower his speeds. 

The next thing I feel is unexplained. The car felt like we just hit a semi truck, but we didn't, but the movements felt so real. I blinked, and by the time I open my eyes, I'm in front of my house, the second to last place I was before I took my own life, this is not going to be pretty. 

The guy swings the door open and basically runs out the car, I follow at the same speed and at the same time confused. Right before I enter I get hit by a massive wave that makes want to heave. The wave was so strong that it sent me flying past the parked car. The blast causes my brain to feel like slush. I gradually rise from the floor and jog to the house, swaying as I run. I burst trough the door, and immediately my eyes lands on the mysterious guy. He looks unconscious; his laying on the floor at an awkward angle as if he was thrown against the wall; sweat drenched his shirt, and he looks pale as if all his blood has been drained from his body. 

Then a strange smell hits my nose, the small of strong copper, the smell of blood. This causes me to stand and take in my surrounding. Chairs are broken, couch flipped over, plates shattered across the floor, but what catches my attention are the pools of blood that leads to the kitchen. 

My heart is thumping, bursting; the fear that formed and forming within my chest glued my feet to the floor, but the heavy scent of blood won the inner battle. I glance at the guy one more time making sure his okay, and I take my first step. The closer I get to the entrance of the kitchen the larger the pools of blood becomes. The larger the pools become the heavier my heart becomes. 

The sight that rest before is the sight forever be engraved in my memory. 

Blood. Blood. Blood.