23. mysterious guy

The freezing water hits my skin with my every stroke, but I don't care. All can think about is how I can't feel her energy. I swim deeper and deeper in the water; the pressure of the water is now affecting my breathing, but I don't care I have to get to her. I don't care if she's dead already.

I have to look at her one more time,

 I have to hold her one more,

 I have to tell her good bye. 

 She didn't even have the chance to see me proper. She just knows me as the guy in a black jacket, who follows her around. She probably don't know her purpose, her reason for being here.

All the way at the bottom lays her body. I grab her, cradling her, and slowly take her to the top, so the pressure of the water can be released properly. My own lungs are burning; I need air and I need it now, but I can't take my mind off of her. I will do anything for her to stay alive, even if it means me dying in her place. I don't know how did this happen, if it was some magical creatures that pushed her into the water, all I know is, whatever or whomever that did this is going to pay. I'll make sure of that!

I finally reach the top; my lungs feels as if they are on fire, but I keep going. I emerge from the water, and immediately the wind starts lashing at my skin. I quickly remove her from the water.

Her skin is cold, ice cold.

Her lips are blue, sky blue.

Her pulse is dead, silence dead.

Her eyes are shut, lock shut.

I try everything that I can, CPR, mouth to mouth, nothing is working. So, I have to use magic out in the open. I know I'm not suppose to be using my magic out in the open, but I refuse to let her die.

I sit criss-cross apple sauce and breathe in, and start mumbling asking for healing.

O Theós tis therapeías sas zitó na doúme apó tin prinkípissa kai na chrisimopoiísei ti dýnamí sas

Bright yellow light starts to shimmer in the air, my heart is thumping out of my chest. She may have a chance. The light gets brighter and brighter, but it quickly goes dark afterwards. I sit in confusion, what is suppose to happen now? I slowly move towards her, and place my two fingers on her neck, nothing. I place my head on her chest, trying to feel a heartbeat, but I feel nothing. Again I start mumbling,

respícere dignáre super hunc Deus principem et dominum misericordia obsecro misericordia tua sanant vulnera cui benedicturus Videat dabis gracia michi infunditur ex animo

Again the same thing happened. A bright pink light start to form, it grows bigger and bigger, but  in thin air it just disappeared. I do the process over and over again, but I get the same result every time.

So, I decide to use the power within me.

The tattoos on my body starts to glow. A bright yellow light, some of the light are white, and some are green, I put my hands on the sides of her head and focus on my energy. All of the different color lights on my body turns to one color, a bright light blue. I'm releasing my energy to her, but her body is not taking it. It's like something is blocking the energy from reaching her. 

My body start to tire out; I can't hold the stance that I'm in for so long, but I don't want to give up either. 

Everything that I'm doing is useless; her body isn't receiving or accepting what I'm giving, the energy just goes straight back into my body, it's a cycle. I'm not helping her with what I'm doing. 

I sit there slumped and defeated, I have failed badly. A tear forms in the corner of my eyes, it slips and falls on her face. Out of nowhere, a bright white light appears. The light is blinding that I have to shield my eyes. 

As I'm raising my hand my hand fall on hers, and I swear she twitched.