11. Evil Sticks {part 3}

I'm lying on the floor, but not the same the floor that I woke up earlier. I feel the ground around me and try to decipher my surrounding. I let my left arm slide against the ground. There's definitely no grass. The ground feels hard, rocky, and moist. I try opening my eyes, but my eyelids are too heavy. I start to lift my head up slightly, and a jolt runs through my body, I let out a gasp without meaning to.

I take deep breaths, and once more I try to lift my head. I grit my teeth and ignore the pain. Counting to three I lift my head off the ground, then, pulled my whole body along with my head. I ignore the pain and continue to straighten myself. I turn my head left, then right, but everything's dark. Weird little images keep on popping up in front of me. That's when I realize my eyes are still close. I slowly begin to crack them open, afraid of what I might see. Once my eyes are fully open, it's not much different from when my eyes were shut. I'm standing in a really dark area. I look down at the ground that I was laying upon a moment ago. It turns out that I was laying by a pond, which explains the reason why the ground is moist and rocky.

I stand in the middle of darkness with nowhere to turn or go, with a confused mind, and a freezing body. I wrap my arms around myself, trying to give myself some warmth. I spin around in place, trying to see anything further than an inch of a path, but it's pointless. The place is covered with thick, heavy fog,  and also with darkness.

The only light is the low light a quarter moon is giving off. When I'm about ready to give up and drop myself back on the ground, I hear something. It's most likely my imagination. Here I am stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no clue how I got there, or my purpose of being here. Here I am going cra--,

"Owww!" I screech

A piercing scream went off in my head. Then another sharp eagle like cry following the one before, except a little louder than the one before. The second screech is so loud, I almost lose my balance. I regain my balance and start spinning in a circle slowly, squinting my eyes, and focusing on my blinding surroundings.

When I'm about to reach north, my eyes catch sight of something, something familiar too. I squint a little harder than before. That's when I see, a truck, the truck that almost killed me back on the street. A truck is sitting in the middle of nowhere with nobody in it, I start slowly backing away from my spot. With every step I make the truck moves a little closer. I come to a sharp stop, when the hair in the back of my neck start to prickle, meaning someone is watching me, and they're not far away from me.

Out of nowhere, music starts to play, and it's not too far away from me. I can't make what song is playing. Then, the music starts to play louder, and louder. I try to ignore it, to block out, but the harder I try the louder the music get until I just stop trying. The lullaby plays over, and over again. I feel like my brain is going to melt from the tension and pressure. I know I've never heard lullabies in my life, but those lyrics that are playing doesn't sound quite right,

Sleep,

Sleep,

Sleep,

Don't lie too close to the edge of the bed,

Or the little gray wolf will come,

And grab you by the flank,

Drag you into the woods

Underneath the willow root

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If that's how lullaby sounds like, I am glad I was never sung to.

With a sudden turn, the music goes dead.

"Hahahahaha!-- You're running out of time" A deep, loud, muscular, dark voice says, a very familiar voice but my brain is not functioning at this moment.

"Hahahahaha!"

Then an old lady's scream fills the air.

Out of nowhere, everything stops.

There's no movements,

no laughing,

no voices,

no screaming,

everything just stopped.

I stand there, all alone in a deafening silence.

Then in the split of a second, a black shadow appeared in front of my face and yells

"Run!"

I gasp and stumble backward, but then I bumped into something hard. I turn around, and I'm up against him. I screamed until my lungs burn from air, that unexpectedly feels toxic. He starts laughing. His laugh fills the air. I slowly back away, but everywhere I turn to, he's there. His laugh is starting to fill my head. I feel heavy breaths on my neck, then I felt hands grab both of my shoulders. 

Then, he whispers in my ear,

"Run little girl, before it's too late. Before you're too late"

He starts laughing again.I can't handle it anymore, so I take off, sprinting as fast as I can. I have no idea where I am going, but I can't and didn't stop. Yet, his laugh stuck with me like a bee that can't be killed.