12. Escape

I keep running, looking back a couple of times,

His laugh still whispers throughout my head.

His words bounce off the walls of my brain, cracking my skull.

His breath is glued to my nose. Everything I smelled, smells like him.

I'm running in the middle of thick trees, my clothing is ripped. Cuts are popping on my skin like it a virus. my face is covered in dirt. I come to the point where I can't run anymore. My breath is shallow, my lungs are only allowing, little air to escape. I turn around to check if he, or it is still behind me. When I see that he isn't, I finally allow myself to stop and rest. I drop myself on the wet grass and lean against a big strong tree, which reminds of a strong pair of hands I felt earlier. I start to think about the website Kiera and Samuel made. I let my shoulder sag, and let my head drop in my hands. The tears are jumping in their cages, and I do nothing to keep them at bay. I let the tears run down like a river. I'm confused, alone, and haunted. I sit there and cry until my lungs ache, yet I still keep crying.

"Ahhhh!" come a piercing scream from an old lady.

The piercing scream unhesitantly causes me to stand under 3 seconds.

I stand there pressing myself against the bark of the tree, hysterically looking back and forth. Out of nowhere, something pushes me off the tree, and I'm back to running in the middle of trees.

I keep running for what feels like hours. Until I come to a stop by hitting a screen of some sort, which causes me to bounce back and land on my rear end. 'The force' picks me off the floor, and pushes me forward. 'The force' repeats this over and over again, I begin to get a headache, and the fury inside of me begin to rise. When it's about to pick me up, and push me forward, I struggle against its force.

"That's enough" I yell,

I guess it's surprise from my yelling because afterward, I'm back in control of my body.

I stand in the middle of somewhere familiar. 

I dreamt this place before. I stand in front of the shack where the old lady lives. I'm standing on top of the mountain in exactly the same spot, I know that because I left footprints.

 It all came back to me, the old lady was sitting on a stool, the one who kept signaling for me to come her. But what can she possibly want? I stand there staring at the mystified and confuse of what I should do next. As I'm about to turn around to go back and try to find my way back to normal and convince myself that I wasn't crazy, a lightning split through the sky. Smoke begins to fill the cloud above the shack. 

Then, just for a split second, a face appears in the sky. A dark shadow face opens its mouth, a booming horrid laugh fills the air, and right behind it is an old ladies shriek. She's in trouble, and I have to help her. 

"Hurry, please hurry," A weak old voice echoes in my head

As I'm about to push through whatever that's holding me back, a viscous bright light runs across my eyes, and just like that my limbs go dead. I'm falling into a deep sleep.