Chapter 13

Justin's P.O.V

I just got off the phone with Rebecca and I was about to leave except I was pulled by surprise. "Hey Scooter." I greeted.

"Hi Justin, you remember Selena don't you?" He replied.

"Yeah, how could I not. Hi Selena. How are you?"

"Hi, Justin. I'm doing okay, and you?" Selena answered.

"I am doing fine too. Actually Scooter, I'm sorry, but there is an emergency I have to go to, so I'm gonna go, I finished the rehearsal so I'm all set."

"Okay, but first, what's the emergency?" Scooter asked.

"Um, Rebecca's friend is in the hospital and Rebecca is freaking out because she doesn't know about how she is doing. She called me and I told her I was going to the hospital for her."

"Oh, okay. Well, tell Rebecca I said hi and that I hope she's okay."

"Okay, Bye Scooter, bye Selena."

"See ya." And with that, I left the building, now on my way to the store.

-------------------------------------------

After fifteen minutes of driving, I finally made it to the store to get a few things for Rebecca. I got her some things of candy, a coloring book and crayons, cheese its, popped pop corn, extra cheddar gold fish, a sudoku book, a word search book, a bag of takis, a small blanket, a cup of coffee, and a cup of hot cocoa. 

When I left the store, I hurried to the hospital to Rebecca. I don't know how she feels, but I know what she feels and it isn't happy.

-------------------------------------------

Rebecca's P.O.V

I was sitting in Alice's room because she just got out of surgery, waiting for her to wake up, but she hasn't yet. I wasn't going to rush her because she is injured and she is probably just tired. I feel horrible that this happened to her. I could imagine what pain she might feel right now, but I know it isn't good. Just then, Justin walked in with a lot of stuff in his hands.

"Hi." He told me when he walked in.

"Hi. Did you really buy all of this?" I replied.

"Yes, and it is all for you. I did a little research, and I got a few things you like."

"Thank you, but I don't need this stuff." I told him while walking up to him and embracing him.

"How is she?"

"She just got out of surgery. The doctor said she was lucky she lived, but she hasn't woken up yet."

"She will wake up. Trust me. She is a fighter. I learned that the day I was taking you out and took you to rehearsals."

"Yeah. She always fought for what she wanted, and for her thoughts and beliefs. She would never stand down or let someone put her down. That is what I love about her. She is like a sister to me. I can't lose her. We had our whole life planned out. Go to college together, be bridesmaids at each other's wedding, become co-worker's, own our own shop together, everything."

"I know, she will be okay. I just know it." He embraced me in another hug. 

While Justin and I were hugging, Cesar, Dana, Emily, Jenifer, Ashley, and Kat all walked in the room.

"Hey Rebecca." Cesar greeted

"Hi Cesar." I replied with tears.

"How is she?"

"She is fine. She made it through surgery, but hasn't woken up yet."

"Wait, you are Cesar?" Justin jumped in, sounding a little mad.

"Yeah. Who are you?" Cesar answered.

"I'm Justin, Rebecca's boyfriend. You are the one Alice was with all day?" Justin asked.

"Yes, and correction, she was with all of us while Rebecca was with you. Why?"

"No reason, just it looks like Alice getting shot was your fault."

"How is this my fault? Jake came up to us and said to give Rebecca a message, then he shot Alice and ran."

"Who is Jake? What was the message?"

I then jumped into the conversation. "Jake is my ex. He cheated on me and I found out from his best friend. Without telling him I knew, I just left with no explanation. He called me one day after I left him and said he was going to get me back. I guess this is what he meant. I always thought he would go after me. Not someone close to me, like Alice."

"Your ex did this, how come you didn't tell me you knew who did it?"

"Because I was shocked, Justin. I didn't see this coming. None of us saw this coming. But now it happened, so all we can do is wait and pray. That's all. We can't just go back and stop this from happening. We have to have patience." I ranted while tears were starting to fall from my eye's. I walked out of the room since I was upset,  but when I got out there, he was there.

"Wh-wh-what are you doing here?" I stuttered. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to be here.

"Nice to see you too, Rebecca." He said.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I'm here for you. I will leave one of two ways. You get to choose which way you want me to leave." He said.

"What are the choices?"

"Well, choice one is I leave with you..." He paused.

"Second choice?"

"I leave with Alice." 

"And if you leave with neither?"

"I will keep messing with you like I did now. I will never stop taunting you. I will hurt the one's you love to get back at you as revenge for what you did to me a few years ago." I couldn't believe he is blackmailing me. I couldn't believe I was talking to him. I have no idea what to do.

---------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger. There is a part three and possibly a part 4 to this chapter only because it is a huge situation that happened. Also, if anyone has questions about characters or the chapter, comment them and I will probably answer if I have the time. Thank you.

- Kristi