Chapter 14

Rebecca's P.O.V

"So either way, I am gonna lose?" I asked him. I still could not believe Jake had the nerve to come to the hospital after he shot my best friend.

"Pretty much, yeah. But, you could also win." Jake replied.

"How can I win this? Either way, I am going to lose my best friend and leave everyone for a  jerk like you. I don't know if you remember, but you were the one who cheated on me with my best friend and then broke up with me for her. It comes back to my mind every time I wake up everyday. You are the one who messed up. Not me. You are the one who lied. Not me. You are the one who acted like you loved me when really, you were faking the whole entire time." I ranted. When I was done ranting, I heard the door open and Justin came out. This is not going to end well.

"Hey, Rebecca. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Justin, meet my ex-boyfriend Jake. Jake, this is my boyfriend, Justin." I introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Justin." Jake greeted.

"Yeah, not really. Do you have any idea what you did to Rebecca? You hurt her the way no one should get hurt. You treated her like a piece of trash, you know that? You almost killed her best friend, and now, you have the gut to  show up here where we all are. Are you stupid or something? You should have treated Rebecca as if she was a princess, yet, you treated her the opposite. Now, tell me why you are here?" Justin told him. He sounded threatening. He wasn't scary at all. More like protective. 

"Why do I have to answer to you? You aren't my mom. My dad. My aunt. My uncle. My grandma. My grandparent. All you are is a non-talented pop star who disrespects his fans everywhere he goes." Jake replied.

"You are right. I am not your family member. But, you are messing with someone who I care a lot about. Mess with anyone who hangs with me, you mess with me. Last time I checked, Rebecca and I are dating, which means you are messing with me. So, I suggest you leave right now, or I will get the cops here and get you arrested as fast as lightning so unless you want to wear orange jumpsuits and live in a cage for 10 years, I suggest you leave right now." Justin threatened. It was adorable how he was protective. I love it when guys are like that.

"I will leave right now, but I will be back and I want an answer from you, Rebecca, or I will choose for you." Jake said and then left.

"Rebecca? Are you okay? What did he say to you before I came out here?" Justin asked with concern.

"H-he said I had two choice." I paused. I had to catch my breath from crying.

"Th-th-the choices were either I-I l-leave w-with h-him o-or h-he t-t-takes A-A-Alice w-w-with h-him." I hiccuped. Justin pulled me into a hug after I told him.

"It's going to be okay, Becky. He isn't going to take you or Alice. I will make sure of it. I will have Kenny watch over you whenever I am not with you. I will give him a photo of Jake and tell him if he see's him, to call the police and not let him near you. From now on, you and Alice will either be with me, Scooter, or Kenny." Justin ranted.

"Okay. But what are we going to do until Alice wakes up?"

"We are going to stay here until then. If you ever need anything, I will send someone or myself to go get it, and then come back. We will stay with her."

"Okay. Thank you, Justin."

"No problem. You know I will always come if you need something. I will always be here."

"I know." I pecked his cheek and hugged him again. After we pulled away, Cesar came outside.

"Hey Rebecca. Sorry for interrupting, just wanted to let you know Alice is awake." Cesar told us. After he told us, I rand into the room and saw her sitting up.

"Hey Alice. How are you?" I greeted with tears of joy.

"I'm okay, I guess. I'm tired though. What happened?" She asked.

"Um, Alice, while you were at the movies with your friends, you were shot by Jake." I told her while starting to cry thinking about what happened.

"Wait, Jake your ex-boyfriend, Jake? The one who cheated on you?" She asked.

"Yes, that Jake. I was just talking to him while I was outside, and he told me why he did this, along with a threat."

"Wait, he was just outside, and you were threatened by him, and you didn't come get us?" Cesar asked sounding annoyed.

"It just happened. He left before you came outside. I had to keep him talking. He told me I had to choices. Either I leave all of you and I get back together with him, or-" I couldn't pull myself to say the rest. 

"Or? Or What Rebecca? He is going to kill you? Kill one of us? What?" Cesar pushed. It was easy to tell he was mad. Justin then jumped into the conversation.

"Or he would take Alice with him, Cesar. Don't push Rebecca around. She was just as shocked as you are. Let her breathe for a minute. All of this is upsetting to her and no one should get this much stuff put onto them all in one day." Justin told him. 

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry Rebecca. I didn't know. I won't push anymore." Cesar apologized.

"Thank you, Cesar." I replied.

"Well, I have to go. Unlike all of you, I have stuff  to do, so I will be leaving. See ya." Emily said. She seemed. . . off. It seemed as if she didn't even care about Alice. It looked like she had no feelings. I wonder why.

"Hey. I'll be right back. Justin, come with me." I told them.

"Okay. I'm coming." Justin said.

Where exactly are we going?" Justin asked.

"We are following Emily. She seemed off just now."

"How?"

"She looked like she didn't care. about Alice. She showed not feeling."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"No. She always showed feeling whenever someone close to her got hurt or wasn't feeling well. Something is going on, and I am going to find out what."

"Do you think that is a good idea? I mean, what if she is a bad person and tries hurting you or something?"

"She won't. Trust me." We got outside, and what I was watching is something I never thought would be happening. How could she do this? She might have everyone played, but she does not have me played, and soon, she will have no one played.

----------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger. I know, sorry it wasn't up sooner. I am going through a lot right now, and yesterday, I had a breakdown during school which was not fun. All of my friends are going to most likely ask on here so I will say this: I am fine. I have't had a breakdown today so I am fine. Thank you for everyone who has checked up on me. And thank you for the follows and reads. When I started writing this story, I thought no one would read it except for people who go to my school, and then I saw all of the reads, and I couldn't believe people are reading it. Thank you.

- Kristi