Chapter 2

Knocking is what woke me up this fine morning.

I glanced at the clock on my nightstand to see the bright, red numbers that seemed to glare at me read 4:30. Oh hell no.

They chose to wake me up at fricken 4:30. AM.

Yeah, no. That doesn't exactly quite settle with me.

I silently got up as the pounding continued, causing my slightly flimsy wooden door to rattle slightly. I walked over to the shaking door on the balls of my feet, making sure to remain silent and paused in front of it. After a second of standing there while the harsh knocking ensued, I ripped the door open. A large body fell on top of mine that sent me tumbling backwards and land on my butt rather harshly.

"Oof!" I heard a deep muffled voice grunt, and the tall boy that I recognised to be my twin Peta scrambled up. He stretched his muscles, then looked down at me with a cheeky grin.

"Be a gentlemen and help me up, you asshole!" I shouted, raising my hands up to the ceiling.

"But gentlemen are only supposed to do that to ladies. And you seem like a dude." He replied, leaning against my doorway with a smirk as he crossed his arms across his chest defiantly.

"Not if your gay."

"... Do you need a ruler?"

"What for?" I asked, bored but slightly curious.

"To straighten out your attitude."

"Where did you get that? The book of: First grade comebacks?"

"No, it was called the Third Grade book of Comebacks."

"That doesn't make it any better, you idiot."

"Yeah, I-"

"Are you two already squabbling this early?" Groaned Everr as he poked his disheveled head out of his doorway which happened to be across from mine, along with the rest of his body. And guess what people, he was only in his bright yellow ducky boxer shorts! And this guy is becoming an Alpha?

"Um, I don't want to see all of that gross nakedness." I complained, covering my eyes from the view of Everr.

"What ever. You're just jealous that I have an amazing body." He retorted cockily, flexing with a bright grin before the quiet click of the door was heard. Which meant that he went back to bed.

Lucky bastard.

"Why are you here?" I asked, returning my slightly sleep hazed gaze to Peta. He offered me a small, nervous smile as he scratched at the back of his head.

"Can't a twin just come and see his other twin?" He asked, fake sweetness seeping into his tone as nervous sweat began to prickle along his forehead.

"Woke me up for the Mate Chase, didn't you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. Yes, he was taller. I'm sorry that I got my mom's height, being 5'6" and all.

"Yes, but it's only because mom made me!" He whined with wide, green eyes, holding his hands up in the universal sign for surrender as I glared at him.

Peta and I aren't Identical, but we kinda look alike. He has slightly curly dirty blonde hair with light green eyes and a tall 6'2" build. I have wavy blond hair with dark green eyes that have flecks of orange, 5'6", and an hour glass shape.

"Whatever." I muttered, rubbing my eyes to rid the sleepiness from them.

"Mom wants to see you." Was all he said before walking out of the room. I reached forward and shut the door with a loud groan escaping me.

Ugh, stupid mate chase.

After visiting my mom and getting my hair/face done, I chose my outfit. Ripped black skinny jeans, a military green turtle neck, simple white vans, and a black leather jacket. Mum had straightened then curled my hair, and did my makeup for me. She did not bother to keep it simple at all with the eyeshadow which made my eyes really pop.... I have to say, I look really good. But I still hate the idea of the Mate Chase.

"We need to go." My mom muttered, stuffing her make up away quickly.

"But you're the Luna, you need to stay here. How about we just cancel this whole thing and have me train a little. Yeah, doesn't that sound good?" I offered her a bright grin and a small, seemingly innocent bat of the eyelashes. But it didn't phase her in the slightest.

She shot me a glare in return. "Not happening. The pack can survive one day without me being here. Your father and Everr will have it under control."

"Well, what about dad? He'll need you," I tried again.

"The pack needs him. It's only one day, Paige, he will survive. Now, let's get going so we're not late."

A huff of defeat escaped me as my mom gripped my hand tightly and yanked me out of the doorway. My friends and family were lining the walls of the hallway, smiling encouragingly at me and waving goodbye.

"Good luck!"

"Have fun!"

"Go find your mate!"

"You can do this Paige!"

"We believe in you!"

"Go suffer!" Called my ever so lovely twin with a sarcastic grin plastered on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him rather childishly in response. He simply flashed me a wink as mom tugged me through the doorway.

-
-
-
Author's Note-
I made a pretty good friend that moved from Japan, and she's pretty cool. Except the food she doesn't know about here in America. She doesn't know about Burger King, Red Robin, or... *looks away sadly* Olive Garden.

So now me and my friends are determined to take her to all of the restaurants she doesn't know.

What's even worse?! She didn't know what ANIMAL CRACKERS WERE!

YES PEOPLE!
~
ANIMAL!
CRACKERS!
~