Chapter 15

Sweater Weather- The Neighbourhood
.
.
.

"You son of a bitch!!!" I growled as my skin burned. My stomach churned and I gagged as one of the reactions to the forceful marking. In the werewolf world, if you did not give the other person consent to mark you, it's considered rape. Some serious side effects can ensue from it.

"I-I am so sorry," he stuttered as realization seemed to slap him across the face. I narrowed my eyes at him, anger coursing through my body. He should be more than sorry, this idiot.

"No, I'm sorry. For being so, so stupid. Maybe after this I will just abandon everything that makes me, you know, me. Maybe I will just clean porcelain plates and cook food, practically be an omega for—" I cut off with a scream as pain coursed through me. It felt as if I had Strifenious. That shit hurts. I had gotten poisoned once from somebody's mate that thought I hit on her significant other. When my father had actually ordered me to train him.

But Strifenious is such a deadly poison. It makes you feel as if your insides are burning, going outwards. It makes you feel as if you're freezing though, all pale and sweaty. Many die from it. I was lucky enough to survive, even with the pack doctor that helped me with it all at the age of sixteen.

But forceful marking felt even worse then when I got poisoned. The pain was ten times worse than the pain of when I realized that I was not going to shift into my wolf.

I gagged again, this time blood fell in droplets from my pale blue lips but were now doused in crimson. The blood highly contrasted against the shining white hospital floor that lay beneath me. My world was beginning to blur as things began to spin all around me. I could feel my nose dripping out blood and my wolf howling in anger at Ace's wolf. My head was ringing and my now lips opened in a silent scream that was silent to the rest of the world but my own.

My vision cleared ever so slightly but my lungs only constricted in trade. I could see feet rushing all around me as more of my blood seeped out from my nose, becoming more thick. My nails were elongated and became a frightening pitch black color. I was midway between shifting as the burning in my stomach continued.

My vision was blurry once more as crisp, fresh air rushed into my shrivelled lungs, making me gasp for more air.

My hearing was now fine though. I could hear every word spoken around me crystal clear.

"Get the elder council!!!"

"Give her space, she might shift!"

"We need an oxygen mask incase she doesn't shift right at our disposal!"

"Will she be okay?" A worried voice asked that stood out to me more then the rest of the anguished voices. Stood out more then the footsteps pounding against the floor near my body. Everything seemed to pause as I heard that question. Time, my pain and my vision cleared, the blood seemed to stop flowing from my nose as I looked up towards Ace.

My wolf was gone, she probably left to growl at Ace's. Should I even consider Ace a being existing at this point? Maybe refer to him as an it or a that?

"No, I will not be fine. Or okay." I replied through the link for a brief moment that had opened up between us once he had forcefully marked me.

Ace's eyes widened, unshed tears glistening in his icy blue orbs. He looked as if he was seeing his world crumble around him, pain contorting his features.

"Y-you're lying. You will be fine. You will be okay, Paige!" Ace dropped down onto his knees in my blood that pooled around my head, shaking hands reaching out to me. I was now fully shifted and shuddering violently as pain rocketed through my body. It felt as if bolts of lighting were passing through my veins.

A thunderous growl arose from my chest as the pain suddenly disappeared. Relief settled in for a brief second before the pain came back and hit me twice as hard.

I wish I could just die, I wish death could swallow me up and take me away from this blinding pain. I remained silent as my body shook violently. The pain seemed to continuously strike right at my heart, a dull ache spreading through the rest of my body to the tip of my tail and the fluffy edges of my ears.

Besides the physical pain, I knew it was going to be a mental challenge for me to come out of this all and not have this constantly rap at the door of my memory.

But pain in our lives doesn't show up for no reason. It's a sign in our lives that something needs to change.

But this change really sucks, I wish that this pain wasn't necessary for whatever change that I needed. I just wish I could reverse time and hide before those mate chase games so I would have neved met Ace. So that none of this would have happened.

After what seemed like hours, the pain ended with one last throb coursing through my body. It was so silent in the bloodstained room that if a pin dropped, you would have flinched by how loud it would seem compared to the deafening silence that wrapped itself around you.

The silence panicked me, making me want to keep my eyes closed to not meet whatever was awaiting me once I opened them. The silence made me want to rewind time and experience all that pain again so I wouldn't have to face the future, to face this drowning silence.

But time moves you forward. Time doesn't rewind. Time gives you the ability to heal, develop, learn and grow. Time is something that people don't appreciate as much as they should. Time is one thing that you know will be consistant for you, whether you like it or not.

I then opened my eyes to face my future, to face the aftermath of all this pain.
.
.
.
An- Sorry for the little cliffy there. But it was Christmas guys!!!

It didn't feel like Christmas though in the morning, and my 'mom' called today and told my sister that Santa isn't real. I mean, come on!!! She is in third grade, give her a break you little bitch!

Well, as you can tell, my 'mother' and I do not get along... lol. But ya, there was a cliffy and I am kinda sick, plus I have volleyball later.

Mk den, byeee