Chapter 13

Author's Note~
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Gobble gobble gobble

Idek Tbh :p

But I still have the guy's sweatshirt, lol

And now this update is late so it is not Thanksgiving. .. well happy late Thanksgiving
.
.
.
"She's waking up," I heard a voice whisper.

I didn't want to open my eyes. My head still hurt, like a whack-a-mole was getting revenge on me after having a cup of caffeine and whacking my brain repeatedly.

A loud groan escaped me and I rolled over, refusing to open my eyes. I don't want to see the blinding light, but I know eventually I will have to.

I'm still here you know.

Surprised, I flinched harshly, nearly falling off of the uncomfortable bed I was laying on.

Who are you?! I am going crazy, I swear!

You're not going crazy. As I have said, I am your wolf Midnight

If I am not going crazy, then why would you show up now??

It was better this way.

Ya, because you not transforming me into a wolf on my sixteenth birthday is so much better. Just about crushed my hopes and dreams.

You would have died if I did. I have had to stay pent up in this mind for almost twenty years now!!! How do you think I feel?! If I did transform back then you would have died!

... what do you mean??

I mean, you need to consider other people's reasons... or rather other animals emotions before just focusing on yours. I have been trapped in this mind when I am meant to roam free for your safety!

Guilt began to know at my conscience when Midnight said that.

I'm sorry...

You better be. Then she blocked the connection and trudged off in to the back of my mind.

She's sure got some spunk.

"Spunk? What are you talking about?" A hoarse yet heart aching familiar asked me.

I didn't even flinch at the sound of his voice, just stayed completely silent. After we fought and I rejected him, he was talking to me.

Well, he is our mate, you dumbass. Sad that he is yours, but not the least bit sad that he is mine.

He's all yours, I rejected him, remember?

Ya, about that... ACCEPT HIM YOU IDIOT.

Not after what he said. I replied calmly, shocked with how I kept my voice smooth and steady. Usually I would be snapping back, ready to argue until my hearts content.

"Paige! Paige...?" The familiar voice asked again, capturing my attention. A tan hand was being waved in front of my face as I peeled my eyes open, my vision slowly focusing.

"...yes?" I replied softly, nervous with how this was all going to go down. I had just rejected him and now he was having a conversation with me?

Weird, I know.

"Are you okay?" His blue eyes searched mine with so much concern that it made my stomach knot at the worry evident on his features.

"Ace, what do you mean by okay? You shouldn't even be asking me that! You should be glaring at me and barely speaking at me. When you do speak, you should be snapping at me and near to the point of hitting me," I huffed out, confused and weirded out by how he was so calm with me right now. I had just rejected him after all, and he passed out from it, as did I.

The room was quiet as my words filled the air, left to ponder over what was spilled from my mouth. Was I giving him an OK to be an asshole to me? I believe I was.

"Fine." He replied in a gruff tone, not meeting my gaze.

"Fine?" I echoed, wondering why 'fine' was left to sit in the hospital room air. The tension between us was clear, but it could have been sexual or angry, maybe even awkward tension as he refused to look at me.

"Are you deaf or something Paige?! You basically implied for me to be one hell of an ass so I may as well be one. Already was, what's the point of acting like I care for you?" Ace sneered, his eyes glitzing with anger and hurt. The way he spoke to me had my blood boiling yet caused a sliver of my near block of ice like heart to crack.

"You don't mean that," I whispered in denial, shaking my head sharply.

"Oh, but don't I?" He rose a brow then continued, "I just need you here to make my pack stronger and feel more secure so we will be more fierce in battle, having them all fight for both their Alpha and Luna's pride." His words were stony, void of any emotion. But his eyes told a different story. His eyes were flickering to a gold color, meaning he was losing his temper and his wolf wanted to come out.

"Well, I know you mean none of those things besides wanting me as your Luna. I know that you are lying about not being hurt. I saw your sole practically break when I rejected you," I couldn't help but snap back, anger seeping into my tone.

His face contorted to one full of pain. No glee came to me out of watching Ace hurt, but he needed to be put in his place. To not just act like he is a robot, void of any emotion when it's not all fun and games. And he couldn't be an egotistical controlling asshole either if us being mates was going to work out.

So this is why I am doing all of this. Partially a reason, any way. Other reasons why I am acting like a bitch is because I am hungry and mad, too. Not the best combination with a woman who had just passed out, learns she actually had a wolf, and met the Moon Goddess who pressured her to accept her mate who she had just rejected.

I picked my gaze up from my converse which had become suddenly very interesting to the sound of whimpering... And it was coming from Ace.

Now look what you have done!

He needed to be put in his place!

You need to be put in your place.

With that Midnight left me alone with Ace's wolf ready to come out and have a little chat.
.
.
.
An- this chapter is LONNNGGGG over due. But anyways, I'm gonna catch some Zzz's.