Chapter 6

"Everything's... packed." I muttered, my gaze casting around the room, sadness settling in. Peta and Everr had helped me pack because they absolutely love and adore me. Everyone else does too, but I'm Peta's twin and Everr's little sister, so it was a little more personal I guess.

"I can't believe you found your mate." Everr muttered for about the sixth time since we started packing up my stuff.

"Yes, we get it." Peta and I said in sync. We sometimes did it, and it would creep a lot of people out. Our family eventually grew used to our weird connection though.

"I can't believe that you're leaving. Leaving me! Your twin!" Peta sighed dramatically, falling back on my stripped mattress. He bounced for a second before stilling, hands running down his face with a groan.

"Well, you both better believe it. Because I do have a mate, and I am leaving. I love you guys and all, but... he's an Alpha. And Alphas get what they want, no matter what. If I didn't come, he would have probably kidnapped me or something, I don't know." I rambled, laying next to Peta.

"True. Very, very true." Sighed Everr as he got up from the large window seat that was once mine. The new baby was probably gonna get this room.

"Just know that I'll always be in your hearts." I said, drawing a huge heart in the air with my two pointer fingers.

"That was so corny," snorted Peta. I gave him a quick scowl before an idea popped into my head.

I beamed and stood up to grab a fake plastic corn on the cob you would get from those small plastic kitchens from the floor and chucked it harshly at Peta.

"Now it's corny," I snickered. The fake corn on the cob was probably from one of the little pups that I play with that run around the pack house.

"That's so... just no," sighed Everr. He got up and walked away, shaking his head to himself.

"I thought it was pretty clever," I muttered, grabbing the plastic corn from where it laid beside him and began twiddling it in my fingertips idly. Peta simply rolled his eyes at me and rolled over onto his stomach. Lazy ass.

"Do you smell that?" Asked Peta, inhaling deeply. I flashed him a puzzled look before he shot out of my bed. My eyes widened in shock as he booked it out of my room. I ran after him and paused as he sprinted down the stairs.

"MATE!" I heard Peta roar, then the crash of something.

I ran down the stairs frantically to see Peta gripping a girl with flaming red hair tightly, shaking vividly. He nuzzled his nose into her neck, breathing deeply and exhaling. He began to relax slowly as he continued to breathe.

So he found his mate.

Huh, cool. Good for him, you know?

My gaze travelled around the room until they landed on Ace who was on the floor groaning with glass shards surrounding him. A few girls were trying to help him up to which I growled at. They promptly let go and scurried away. Yeah, that's right bitches. Run with your scaly tails between your legs.

I reached over and held out my hand to Ace. His gaze travelled to mine, his eyes seeming to light me on fire as he took a firm hold of my hand. I tugged him up almost effortlessly. He pulled me into him and I was about to relax into his hold when the scent of perfume all over him made me stiffen.

"You were touching Peta's mate." I muttered, taking a step away and raising a brow at him. His hold on me broke and he looked dejected. At the moment their was nothing more I wanted to do than wrap him up in a hug and nuzzle my head into his chest. But the scent of the random girl all over Ace had me awake and suspicious.