Chapter 33

My heart pounded in excitement as I saw three cars roll into view, parking right outside of the pack house on the huge gravel road. I saw doors open and that's when I turned on my heel, making a dead sprint towards the front door. I flung open the heavy mahogany colored wood and left it open in my haste having spot Peta climbing out of the driver seat of one of the cars.

"Peta!" I squealed before wrapping him up in a tight hug, nearly squeezing the life out of him. He returned the hug just as tightly, maybe even tighter. But I didn't care. My twin was finally here, my literal other half. After a minute I heard whining coming from behind me, a heart warming familiar voice interrupting Peta and I.

"I wanna hug Paige now!" I let go just as Peta did and turned around to see little Gunner stomping his foot childishly with a small pout.

"Lil' Gunner!" I cried, kneeling to the gravel with open arms. He grinned and began to make a run for me before landing into me full force, sending me landing on my butt. I merely laughed as he squeezed me tightly and looked up to see Everr looking down at us with a huge smile.

"Hey little sis."

"Why hello mr.big bad alpha who wears ducky boxers. How was the trip?" Gunner let go of me and stood up with a big fat grin shining, his brown eyes twinkling up at me. I ruffled his hair playfully, shooting him a grin back before looking back at Everr.

"Okay, no need to diss the ducks, alright? Ducks didn't do anything to you."

"Well if I remember correctly I was attacked by a couple of them while I was trying to feed them bread back at the pond at the pack house."

"... Okay, maybe some ducks have done you dirty. But no ducks would ever dare to harm me. They love me too much and besides... I'm not wearing the duck boxers today. I'm wearing eggplant ones," Everr said with a laugh while wiggling his eyebrows. My face twisted up in disgust before I peered behind him at the twins, Lucas and Leo who were arguing animatedly back and forth about some game and to their left stood Liam who's attention was captured by his cellphone with a small smirk playing on his lips. I rolled my eyes at that. Probably busy leading some poor, helpless girl on.

"Dude, your pack house is sick!" Exclaimed Edward.

A deep chuckle came from behind me and I turned around to see Spencer leaning against the front door that I left wide open of the pack house. A small smile played on his lips as his eyes raked over all of my brothers who were talking animatedly about the pack house now. I even noticed that Liam looked up from his phone screen in awe, indulging in a conversation with Jack about how there must be some huge pool somewhere.

There actually was an indoor pool in the basement with an indoor hot tub. The pack house was huge and a mile behind the pack house was a very big, nice neighborhood where the majority of the pack lived. The beta, Gabe and the third, Lorah lived with us as well. The size of the pack house was a little bit excessive but anybody was welcome to come and crash in the multitude of empty rooms the huge house held if needed.

It's a good thing there are so many rooms for all my brothers. If cramped up with one another, things could get crazy. And crazy in my family is not the emotional crazy, full of tears and yelling but more of absurd pranks and fights that ended up with many bruises and possibly a trip to the pack hospital.

Which is not what was needed for a first impression for Spencer, at all. That would honestly be terrible and humiliating if I had to drag one of my siblings to the pack hospital because they got in a scuffle over eating the others left overs or somebody playing music too loud. Good thing rooms were soundproof here as well.

"Hey Spencer!" I waved at him, flashing a big smile. He waved back before beginning to walk my way with a small grin of his own.

"I want you to meet my twin who absolutely sucks ass and annoys the absolute crap out of me at the worst moments but I could not live without— Peta."

"Hey!" Peta whined behind me. Spencer laced his fingers with mine and dragged me over to where my twin was now glaring daggers at me for my introduction.

Hey, at least I didn't bring up his old obsession with the Twilight series. He was team Jacob all the way too.

"I am not as terrible as the person she paints me out to be," Peta said while holding his hand out to Spencer. Spencer simply ignored it and let go of my hand, pulling Peta into a bro hug. Peta immediately returned the firm pat on the back before they let each other go.

"Man, this is crazy. Your family is huge. How do you even manage it all?" Spencer asked while shaking his head in disbelief, coming to stand beside me again. He threw his arm over my shoulder, pulling me into his side gently. Tingles spread throughout my body and my heart fluttered by his tenderness towards me.

"I could ask the same thing with managing a pack. I've seen some stuff Everr has had to do and it does not look easy at all. So great job with all of that." I smiled at the simple interaction between the two, happy that they seemed to be getting along.

"Yeah, it isn't the easiest job but it's all worth it knowing so many people are happy and protected. Plus your sister Paige here makes the job easier of course, she's great at helping train the pack and has helped me with some paperwork as well. Made my job so much easier." Spencer squeezed me affectionately and I couldn't help the simple smile that graced my lips as he did so.

"Well, let Paige and I show you around the pack house."

My eyes widened in panic at that. I didn't even know all of the pack house. It was that huge!

I heard Peta snicker, obviously at my expression,"What's wrong Paige? You hiding something in that humongous house of yours?"

"No, of course not! I just... don't even know the whole house myself. I remember getting lost a whole bunch of times before deciding to just stick to what I know and not go looking around," I admitted sheepishly.

"If one of our brothers goes missing, I'm blaming it all on you Paige," Everr piped in before sticking his hand out to Spencer. This time Spencer shook it with a respectful nod.

"So you must be the man Paige left that good for nothing Alpha for... nice little gig you got going here." Ever said appreciatively, surveying the area around us with a low whistle.

"Yep, and Paige mentioned you like ducks quite a bit to me... she even went as far to tell me you have a pair of ducky boxers."

Everr shot me a fierce glare, and I merely smirked in response. We continued to stare at each other before Everr eventually decided to break the silence.

"Yeah, I like ducks... Paige hates them. Wanna mind telling him that story as well Paige?" My eyes widened at that.

"You wouldn't," I hissed under my breathe. Everr chuckled evilly as I fumes silently.

"Oh but I would. Now Paige here—"

"Hey guys! Spencer and I are going to give you a quick tour of the place!" I shouted, cutting him off abruptly before he could utter another word and embarrass me in front of Spencer.

.
.
.
.

An~ Hey guys! I just wanted to address some stuff going on in the USA and using this platform to speak out for what's right!

Now many of you know of the BLM movement, and I just want you all to know if you are being silent during this time... we can not have that. We need to spread what is RIGHT ! We need to sign petitions (I've signed a bunch), protest (I snuck out to go to one and got my keys taken haha), and use your platform to discuss this issue because if you are not at all bothered by the police brutality that people of color face.... you ARE a part of the problem and you ARE siding with the oppressor by staying silent during this time in which you need to use your voice! I love you all and if you are going to go protest, make sure to be prepared and be safe! You can not simply be "not racist" you have to be ANTI RACISM for a change to be made! Nobody should be treated differently due to the color of their skin, that is simply unacceptable and disgusting. If you feel called out by this... I don't even know what to say besides the fact you are a part of the issue. Please please PLEASE do anything you can to make a change, we NEED a change, we NEED people to be able to feel safe ❤️ Anyways, much love and I hope y'all have a great night/day :)