Chapter 18

An- That's Spencer... *sigh*
.
.
.

Ace litterally snapped at me, his white teeth glistening eerily against the bright lights. I didn't even flinch away from his snarling figure. Instead, I stepped closer to his growling figure and bent down to his level.

"Have a good life... you pathetic ass wipe." He growled thunderously at my words, his claws bursting from his fingernails. I chewed my bottom lip slightly as he got dragged away. His howls of rage rang in my ears as he went through the doorway. His burning blue eyes still stuck in my mind.

I released the hold on my bottom lip with my teeth and muttered venomously, "good riddance."

"Good riddance indeed." Spencer muttered, running a hand through his silky like dark brown hair. My heart fluttered just at seeing him perform that simple action.

"So what happens now?" I asked him with a slight yawn. With everything that has happened, I was very sleepy. Like, I could sleep a million years sleepy. Yet again... that is usually me everyday.

Spencer shrugged, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Well, we could go back to my pack- The Thunder Eclipse Pack."

I snickered at the name, running a hand through my knotted, greasy hair. I haven't had a shower in what seems like forever. A shower sounds really good after everything that happened actually... Focus Paige!

"The Thunder Eclipse Pack?" Spencer stuck his tongue out at me childishly in reply, making my snickering turn into loud, obnoxious laughter.

"Yes, the Thunder Eclipse pack. At least it wasn't like Bloodclaw pack, or Moon Rise pack. Those are shitty, unoriginal names." He grumbled, crossing his arms across his chest while pouting slightly.

"I am not judging, at all." I rose my hands in defense, a smirk prominent on my features.

"Yes you are." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yes, I am." I admitted, still smirking.

He rolled his eyes at me before turning for the door. I chuckled, following after him. We walked through the doorway and down the long, bright hallway.

"Instead of going to the pack first, could I take a shower? Cause I kinda need one." I muttered, attempting to brush the knots out of my greasy hair as we walked. Spencer didn't reply to my words, he just nodded while turning the corner sharply. I rolled my eyes at his stiff act and posture, following after him.

He suddenly jerked to a stop, making me run into his back. I pulled away, rubbing my slightly aching nose.

"Well then." I muttered and stopped rubbing my nose. It was perfect now, not hurt or aching.

Perks with being a wolf, I guess. Everything heals super fast.

"Sorry." He replied quietly before continuing on. I didn't reply and just kept following him out of the hospital.

I tagged along with him all the way to his car. He rounded the car to the left and gave a slight tug to the car handle. It responded by popping open. I copied his actions with the passenger side door.

"We will be staying in a hotel tonight, then start the trip back to my pack." Spencer informed me as he started up the car. I gave him a stiff nod before buckling the grey seatbelt. I tightened the seatbelt as he pulled out of the large, vacant parking spot.

"So... what's your favorite color?" I asked awkwardly, scratching my right arm in nervousness. He cocked one eyebrow, his light and happy mood now returning.

"Are we playing 20 questions, now?" He teased, taking his right hand off the wheel to poke my side. I released a shrill scream, cringing away from him. My eyes widened in shock at my scream. I buried my face in my hands, embarrassment flooding through me. A bright crimson blush rose to my cheeks, making my embarrassment increase.

"O-oh my god! Th- that was too funny!" He shouted, smacking the wheel repeatedly with his right hand as he chuckled almost maniacally.

"No it wasn't," I whined.

"Oh, it was!" He cackled, eyes now watery with unshed tears of laughter.

"Oh shut it." I grumbled, sinking low into my seat while pouting, crossing my arms across my chest defiantly.

"Ah ah ah! Now, Paige, that is not safe. You need to sit up. What if we got in a car crash?" He asked, raising one eyebrow at me.

"I don't care." I grumbled pathetically in reply. He chuckled lowly before the car was quiet once more besides the slight hum of the engine in the background. It stayed quiet for a minute before Spencer burst out laughing again.

"I thought you had stopped laughing!" I groaned, my hands covering my face. The blush returned, to make matters worse. All I got in reply was his hearty chuckle which warmed my heart and sent butterflies loose in my stomach. Even though I did not like the reason why he was laughing at me, the bond welcomed his laughter with open arms.

Even at my embarrassments expense.