Chapter 10

"You should really let me go," I muttered with a small frown taking over my features.

"Not happening, Sweetheart," was all Ace offered in reply.

"You really should. Just let me go and then I can eat peacefully. Just some Pancakes, Chocolate cake, maybe a little bit of Nutella..." I trailed off, my mouth watering slightly at the thought of food. Food was truly my safe haven if I'm going to be entirely honest. Food was the biggest comfort in my life and never turned its back on you.

"No." Came his gruff, firm reply.

"Pleeeeaaasssseeee." I whined, batting my lashes at him. Hesitation took over his features. Hope shot through me until....

"No," he said finality ringing clear as day through his tone.

"What was that?" Asked Ace as he sat besides me. His icy blue eyes searched mine questioning my but I looked away from his blue eyes and focused on the arm that was draped over my shoulders. I gently shook his arm off of me. Even though he was very attractive and my mate, I don't exactly know him yet. I ignored the hurt that flashed in his eyes and took a deep breathe.

I didn't even know what I was. Neither did my family, what was I going to tell Ace. I took a deep breathe, looking into his icy blue eyes which were searching mine for anything.

"I'm a magical dark unicorn." I said bluntly with an impassive expression.

"Really?!" He asked with an excited expression, his eyebrows shooting up his forehead.

"No!" I said, then smacked him upside the head lightly. Or so I thought. He rubbed the back of his head and shot me a glare.

"That hurt," he whined.

"Oh boo hoo. I don't even know what I am, while you know what you are. That call with Peta didn't help with anything, just confirmed everything you've said has happened before. I believe that is worse than a smack upside the head!" I crossed my arms with a huff, fixing him in place with a fierce glare.

"True..." he trailed off. "But that still hurt."

I rolled my eyes at him and stood up. He shot up after me. But I shoved him down back into the seat. He gaped at me as I offered him a smirk.

"If all you're going to do is whine, then I don't really want to be near you. Mr. Alpha." I turned on my heel, beginning to walk away.

"You're my mate. You're supposed to be near me." He stated gruffly, standing up once again. I looked back at him and this time I did nothing to stop him but give him an icy glare, my anger rising.

"What, just because I'm your mate?! I came here with you even when I didn't want to come here! I left my whole family for you and I don't even know the name of this pack that I am currently in! You don't care for me, you only care in the slightest because of the stupid mate bond!" I shouted, poking my finger into his chest with every sentence. Anger was quickly consuming me. Anger pulsed through me harshly when he said...

"Currently? You're gonna be in this pack forever. You're my mate and Luna of this pack, the Lake Crescent pack. You do Luna duties. Cleaning the house, taking care of the old and young. Breeding pups for me to reign over the pack," the look he gave me was impassive, his eyes guarded.

"You egotistical jerk! This is 2016 on the verge of 2017! News flash, but woman do not just do the chores and pop out babies from their vagina! We can do so much more than that, maybe even more than boys can!"

His eyes flashed a bright yellow, meaning his wolf was rising to the surface. But I didn't care right now. Not in this particular moment.

Something scraped at the back of my mind, a distant memory perhaps.

Lake Crescent Pack... why does that sound so familiar?

Reality hit me like a truck.

"You attacked my best friend's pack! You ripped them to shred's! You vile, evil creature!" I shouted, vision turning crimson red.

Ace's Pov:

Fear, sadness, and anger consumed me all at once as those words fell from her mouth. The objects in the room were now floating, her hair ablaze, her eyes a fiery red. My wolf was begging to come out and set her straight, but I couldn't allow that. Right now, I don't know what Paige is capable of and right now she is infuriated with me.

Suddenly I was slammed against the wall. A groan escaped me before I fixed a fierce glare on Paige, my gaze sharpening as my wolf rose to the surface.

"HOW DARE YOU TREAT YOUR ALPHA AND MATE LIKE THAT!" Blaze, my wolf shouted at Paige.

She laughed coldly before setting her fiery red eyes on me, or rather Blaze as he is in control right now.

"I haven't even accepted you! You are not my mate, nor my Alpha!"

Sadness tore at me, stabbing me straight in the chest and through the heart. No, it felt a million times worse than that. I fell to my knees in agony as the next words spilled out of her mouth like a waterfall.

"I, Paige Winter Johnston reject you, Ace Jackson Adams from the Lake Crescent Pack as my mate."

All I saw was the floor spiralling towards me as even more pain ripped at my heart. Then everything was black.